Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i live in a small town so when we were getting a Walmart it was a big deal for the area. I decided to get up super early and attend the grand opening and try to hit some truely virgin shelves. I did pretty awesome. Got to pegs first until a guy and teenage son came to double team it. We split the pegs and then i hit the bin which he missed at first. Not sure what he pulled but didnt see him get any supers from bin. His kid hit a hanging shipper by time i saw it.
Gave the guy a couple rancheros since i found a bunch.
Then other collectors showed up after i was done.
I left a shelby gt500 chase for someone else.

The M2 chase cars are avail FT or FS so if you want any of them just pm me an offer.
The wildcards chase is a year of dragon 2012

1:24 Chase

Bunch of Crooze batmobiles so i picked some up for those less fortunate

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
It's true -- the early bird really does get the worm! Nice "worms" ya got there! :thumbsup:

A few years ago, I met up with a fellow collector friend at a (now closed) toy shop in the northeastern part of the state (CT). After we shopped we headed north to the next town. We had remembered there was shopping center being built there with a Target. Our timing was perfect because they were having their "soft" opening that evening so there wasn't a huge crowd. The pegs looked untouched and we scored a boatload of TH's while snacking on bacon-wrapped scallops and other yummy treats being served by strolling waitresses! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Kustom Merc M2 Chase and Challenger 1:24 chase have been spoken for. I know this isnt a S&S and wasnt meant to be, so just shoot me a pm about the Fairlane if that is your target.

I could hardly sleep last night in anticipation of the opener. I finally gave up trying to force myself to sleep around 4AM between both kids sleeping with me due to severe thunderstorms, (and I slept down on couch knowing Id be up early to go to Wallys so I didnt wake the wife, and they still insisted sleeping with me) I just got a cup-O-Joe and dawdled about till it was time to go. It truly was a once in a lifetime deal. Neat experience though. certainly cool.
I was really surprised that I didnt find a single Hot Ones chase. I have never found one. Ive found Supers but never a HO chase. also never found a White Lightning. Again there wasnt a single one there either. I would believe they are a legend if I didnt occasionally see people have one. Those WL from the new releases truly are VVHTF. and rare in my experience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awesome!!

Wow amazing haul, all the local wal-marts are switching over to Super Wal-marts soon, and a new one is going in the town where my head office is so my fingers are crossed for something even slightly like this! I still don't get how there can be so many Crooze Batmobiles in some stores and none anywhere near me! Congrats Eric!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you still need a crooze? Thats why i picked them up was for people who can find them. My daughter already has one so these are up for grabs.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Not surprising you didn't find any hot ones chases, haven't been made in the carded series for a while now, except in those reissue 10 packs.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it was interesting to find those again. They have N case codes on the cards so they might be appearing again.

·
Banned
565 Posts
:thumbsup: Awesome Haul.... My store is doing a reset and has nothing on the pegs and still two dump bins full of old Hot Wheels... I wish they would donate them to a local children's hospital like they donate the busted bags of pet food to the local animal shelters. Who knows maybe once the reset is done they will disappear...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
My store is doing a reset and has nothing on the pegs and still two dump bins full of old Hot Wheels...I wish they would donate them to a local children's hospital like they donate the busted bags of pet food to the local animal shelters.
I'd be happy to deliver excess inventory to Valley Children's Hospital in exchange for one of each car that I don't have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts