Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on the WL forum, DAMANOFWLS (Ace) had posted about a show happening today right here in my hometown. He said to bring stuff to sell if I wanted to so I set up on a table and actually sold quite a few pieces, mostly JL. Now this was primarily a HW event but some vendors had a lot of JL (MB,too).
One guy had a ton of vintage JL. It took some digging but I found a hard to find piece to add to my BWF collection:

photo courtesy jlcollector.com

Also grabbed a 'ChiTown Hustler' BWF for my trade box. Along with some HW red white & blue pieces, I also picked up a HW '47 Chevy Fleetline BWF. Despite the crappy weather, it was a very good morning! :)

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Nice score, Mark. That one's high on my list of wants, too. I also went to a model car show in Taunton. Picked up a few custom HWs and a White Lightning from a Hot Wheels guy (for TWO BUCKS..Rich) Then I stopped at the Rayham flea market picked up a few more Johnnies, including that '59 El Camino you pointed out to me last time and I though I had, turned out I didn't. Glad it was still there.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Glad you had a good time, Mark. Congrats on the sales and on the A100 BWF :thumbsup:

ECchopper said:
Nice score, Mark. That one's high on my list of wants, too. I also went to a model car show in Taunton. Picked up a few custom HWs and a White Lightning from a Hot Wheels guy (for TWO BUCKS..Rich) Then I stopped at the Rayham flea market picked up a few more Johnnies, including that '59 El Camino you pointed out to me last time and I though I had, turned out I didn't. Glad it was still there.
1) Did you see Bill there?
2) What WL did you score for $2 ?????
(congrats!!!!)
3) Glad it was there when you went back ;)

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Glad you had a good time, Mark. Congrats on the sales and on the A100 BWF :thumbsup:

1) Did you see Bill there?
2) What WL did you score for $2 ?????
(congrats!!!!)
3) Glad it was there when you went back ;)
1. No, did he go? Musta missed him.
2. ha ha , just a fuzzy wheeled '57 Plymouth. Told him it was a white. He didn't care.
3. Me too. Also bought one of those New York Toy Fair Camaros.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I AM HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD TIME THERE, YOU WOULD THINK WITH ALL THE COLLECTORS IN THE CT, NY,MA,RI AREA MORE WOULD BE THERE.
THERE WAS SOME REALLY UNREAL BARGAINS THERE

MARK THIS WAS YOUR TABLE I THINK ?

AND MARK HIMSELF LOL

MY SON WON A TROPHY AT THE RACES GO ACE JR!

NEXT MONTH WE MEET 3RD SUNDAY OF THE MONTH AGAIN AS MOTHERS DAY FALLS ON THE 2ND ONE

ACE

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup! That was my table indeed. Sold quite a few pieces, too.
Folks, this was a great event for big and little kids. It was great seeing how excited and involved the kids got with the racing - lots of trophies were handed out. Ace's son looked like he was having a good time the moment he stepped into the building. :)
Thanks for the pics, Ace. :thumbsup: (even though that's my bad side :tongue: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts