Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Lone Star was a Brit brand; I know of by their '67 Mustang that was exceptionally nice for the time it was produced. I really don't know anything about them tho'.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Wasn't there a Lone Star company that made toy soldiers too?
Yes , and cap pistols too.......
Lone Star were a north London company like Lesney but they never hit the big time with their diecast, and tended to be sold in small independant shops with a focus on tourist trade.Their most successful castings were the London Routemaster bus, black taxi and Rolls Royce.
Mr John has a steel girder transporter from the early 1970s here, and perhaps it should be on the vintage forum

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes , and cap pistols too.......
Lone Star were a north London company like Lesney but they never hit the big time with their diecast, and tended to be sold in small independant shops with a focus on tourist trade.Their most successful castings were the London Routemaster bus, black taxi and Rolls Royce.
Mr John has a steel girder transporter from the early 1970s here, and perhaps it should be on the vintage forum
Thanks for that SMS88. :)

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
That sure is a neat Foden!
Unless it's got some worth to it, some more realistic wheels woud do wonders to that beautifull casting!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Thanks for the history lessos fellas, I'm thinking of changing the wheels, yes-no?:confused:
Its your toy to enjoy as it pleases you.

imho NO

However,because those wheels even have factory fresh chrome surviving 35 years,I dont like to see a very fine original toy messed with, especially if it may be in a very unusual colour combination (Lone Star used many combinations,to make repeat sales of the same castings)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts