Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There'll be plenty of time for baking cupcakes when you're living in a van down by the river!

I bought the cupcake Chevy for it's craziness but I could see cruising around in this one as a 1:1. :dude:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
When you live in a van, down by the river or elsewhere, the key to the game is keeping a low profile. The cupcake van ain't low profile. :lol:

Being a native Hoosier, I like how GL incorporates Indiana subject matter into some of their vehicles. The Flying Cupcake from Indianapolis, and the Indy yellow cab. The Chevy van looks a lot better than the real Cupcake van though!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
When you live in a van, down by the river or elsewhere, the key to the game is keeping a low profile. The cupcake van ain't low profile. :lol:

Being a native Hoosier, I like how GL incorporates Indiana subject matter into some of their vehicles. The Flying Cupcake from Indianapolis, and the Indy yellow cab. The Chevy van looks a lot better than the real Cupcake van though!

Didn't realize that. Is Kikmiller Construction an Indy biz too?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Yeah, I guess a big pink can isn't very inconspicuous lol.

That is cool! I keep hoping for more NC stuff myself(even thought I'm not from NC originally, but it's home now), mainly the pre-2011 State Trooper Charger. So far I think there's just been the Raleigh Crown Vic. I thought it was cool when I noticed the C10 with the camper from Diorama 3 has an NC license plate though.

I like the pre-2011 body style on the NC State Charger better because of the side stripes. I'd love both versions in 1:64 but either would make me happy. I've suggested it on UTH and hope maybe it'll show up in a future release.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Didn't realize that. Is Kikmiller Construction an Indy biz too?
I'm thinking it's probably fictitious. I've never heard of Kikmiller Construction, and a quick search turned up no leads beyond the GL Explorer.

That is cool! I keep hoping for more NC stuff myself(even thought I'm not from NC originally, but it's home now), mainly the pre-2011 State Trooper Charger.
Yeah, when RJH was talking I asked about the possibility of a PD car from my hometown as well. He said that it's always a possibility. And after GL staff attended the International Chiefs of Police Convention this time last year, they had secured a long list of departments for the Hot Pursuit series. So I think they're open to whatever departments they can get, and have many who are willing. It just depends on what they pick for each HP release.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking it's probably fictitious. I've never heard of Kikmiller Construction, and a quick search turned up no leads beyond the GL Explorer.

Yeah, when RJH was talking I asked about the possibility of a PD car from my hometown as well. He said that it's always a possibility. And after GL staff attended the International Chiefs of Police Convention this time last year, they had secured a long list of departments for the Hot Pursuit series. So I think they're open to whatever departments they can get, and have many who are willing. It just depends on what they pick for each HP release.

That's what I find interesting about the HP series, I don't think they could ever run out of cars to make.

I suggested my hometown too because you never know what may be made.I wasn't sure what the police cars of my hometown even looked like since it's been so long since I've lived there but I checked on policecarwebsite.net and Fairmont WV was there.

If not that, I could certainly go for my home state. I think it's a really nice looking CV.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
That is a nice one.
With the CV out of production, and the older style Charger for that matter. Who knows how much longer we will see them in the HP line. But I can't really get pumped about the replacements.

Hopefully the CV sticks around. It's the quintessential police cruiser of that last 15 years. Look forward to more of those vans too!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I thought about that too and maybe they'll keep using the castings for at least a while since they have them already. I agree on not liking the replacements too, the CV has definitely become an iconic police car and I think the previous body style Charger looked a lot better as a police car than the new one. You can see the new NC one here, it just isn't nearly as cool in my opinion.

http://policecarwebsite.net/fc/laytrac/nc.htm

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they do with the vans too. I hope to see more custom vans and some fantasy murals on the sides! It's funny how that's what this thread was about but it moved on to police cars lol.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
That's what I find interesting about the HP series, I don't think they could ever run out of cars to make.

I suggested my hometown too because you never know what may be made.I wasn't sure what the police cars of my hometown even looked like since it's been so long since I've lived there but I checked on policecarwebsite.net and Fairmont WV was there.

If not that, I could certainly go for my home state. I think it's a really nice looking CV.

Small world bro! My family is from Monroe County down on the New River. I have the WV from ROad CHamps (91 Caprice) and the Spec Cast CV. A later model CV world be great.

As far as NC goes, I want a NCHP in the worst way!!! A CV, a Charger and a Mustang. Same thing for Georgia. Cool!

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I would wager that the CV has made more money for GL than any other casting in their inventory. And would continue to be a popular seller for years to come if they kept it rolling. And like you said Fresno, they could never run out of police liveries to slap onto it... The older Charger made a good looking cop car because of it's distinctive greenhouse, block styling and slab sides, it looked like a tough car. The newer one looks way too civi, they just can't hide it.

As far as the vans, I'm all for the fantasy murals and custom 70's paint jobs too. I'm not holding my breath for an ambulance or camper conversion, but either of those would rule as well.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Small world bro! My family is from Monroe County down on the New River. I have the WV from ROad CHamps (91 Caprice) and the Spec Cast CV. A later model CV world be great.

As far as NC goes, I want a NCHP in the worst way!!! A CV, a Charger and a Mustang. Same thing for Georgia. Cool!

That's wild! I only lived in WV until I was 7(I'm 29 now, I've moved around a bit) but I've got family there so I make it up that way every once and a while.

ilan benita, I know I'd welcome those to the HP line! I'd love to see more police cars from around the world added to the line. Apart of the Rio Chargers from the Hollywood line, everything has been from the States. There'd have to be new castings made, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future may hold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts