Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Off Topic... I am trying to find info. on a vehicle called "Littlemac Truckette" or "Littlemac". The Littlemac was a car built around 1931. The Truckette was a delivery truck built on the same frame as the Littlemac car. These were made by the Thompson Motor Co. They reportedly would do around 75 MPH and would gget about 35 MPG.
I really need info. on these such as: Photos, mechanical drawings, factory engineering specs, and would love to find one still in existence, whether for sale or not. Also am extremely interested in any "leads" as to where original parts might be found.
I doubt there were ever any diecast made of these. Not many of the 1:1 were made. But wow, JL could really do an original by doing these in 1:64.
Thanks in advance for any help. I'll check this BB every dat but please email me if you have any good leads.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pony: Thank you for answering. Yes I've seen the Muscatine Journal article. I'm trying to help the gentleman that is mentioned in the article. so far this has really proven to be difficult, to say the least.

Thanks again,

'68Malibu'er

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I suppose y'all have thought of this allready but have you checked with the smithsonian? I remember going there as a kid and seeing everything under the sun in there! I believe they also have archieves that you can search. Might be worth contacting someone there.

Another idea: Get some national publicity on this, maybe get someone like john boy & billy to take an intrest in it, thier show reaches millions. maybe one of those millions knows someone who knows someone..... How bout those shows that focus on old cars? I can't think of any names off hand but I think theres one on tnn and maybe one on pbs stations.

You've really got me curious now, I hope you'll post if you actually find one or post a pic of the replica when it's done. I'd like to see what they looked like.

By the way, why was production stopped on them? Did they just not catch on or what?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Littlemac

I am the great grandson of H.G. Thompson presidnet of Thompson Motor, I don't have much info on the car but am also working on gathering info, Mr. Micheals is having a truckette built and I am thinking of reproducing a coupe. contact me so we can visit further about what info we each have...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Littlemac Information

I am an old car hobbyist, who used to live in Muscatine, Iowa (High School Grad - 1981) - I currently live in Kansas City, KS.

I spent some time pouring over the Grossheim photographs at the Musser Public Library - they have some really GREAT pictures!

I am active in the American Austin Bantam and Austin Bantam Society Clubs - The American Austin was a similar sized car, built in Butler, PA from 1930-1935, followed by the American Bantam 1938-1941.

I am a model car builder - I have prepared 1/10th scale drawing of the Littlemac Prototype Coupe, to construct a model of the car... I will share any information I have....

Sincerely,
Andrew Helgeson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts