Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Corvette C6 was highly polished then had red Krylon X-Metals applied via rattlecan:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
That did come out a good looking candy color! Have you tried coating the red with the blue (I even added a little green)? Made for a nice "black cherry" look. I had problems with adhesion though.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first experience with it. I got a can of the red Monday (maybe Sunday) and sprayed a couple more besides the vette. The other 2 had a little place that needed a touch up so I successfully sprayed them again Wed. This one seemed dry enough to take a chance putting the base back on tonight. They say it's bad about chipping and is hard to work with but I haven't had any problems yet. I actually like using it cause you can see what kind of coverage you're getting, and it hasn't crinkled up on me yet.

I'm trying to get at least 1 polished and sprayed a day. If all goes well I should have a couple more dry by the end of the weekend...hopefully. I'll have to try that with blue on top of red when I get another can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts