Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone correct and/or add to the following.

11' Enterprise - in Smithsonian
33" Enterprise - lost
Amt Ent (Constellation) - lost - copies exist
Galileo Model - exists - not whole - who has this?
Botany Bay - exists - who has this?
Tholian ship - exists - Smithsonian??
Klingon D-7 - exists - Smithsonian?
Space Station K7 - ??
Romulan Bird of Prey - lost

Were there other models I'm forgetting?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The necklace Enterprise and its lucite-embedded copy.

AMT Enterprise, seen from K-7.

The Fesarious, missing, presumed popped...

Lazarus' ship.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Fesarius was balloons and pingpong balls, apparently. And Lazarus' ship was a little dome-topped thing about the size of a fridge box, seen on the surface. I guess I shouldn't have included it but I figured that since the "full sized" Galileo was actually an underscale model of itself, maybe Lazarus's vessel might also count.

I left out the cube-shaped buoy from the Fesarius, though.

Wish I knew where "Nomad" wound up, too... it was sort of a model anyway, kinda.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the Galileo I meant was the one they "flew". Anything filmed like the big Ent model, so I probably wouldn't include the necklace either, but it was a good suggestion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trek Ace said:
There was also the tiny, four-inch first-ever Enterprise model, which was seen briefly in "The Doomsday Machine".
So when we see the side view of the ships caught in the planet killer's tractor beam, that was the four incher?

I've read about its existence, wasn't it made of balsa and cardboard?

Is there any more info on it?

So should we recalibrate the names for the subsequent Enterprise miniatures? The 33 inch is now the 8 times model and the 11 footer is now the 33 times version. ;)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Richard Compton said:
What was the Fesarious again? And was Lazarus' ship seen? I'm only talking about the scale models.
Lazarus' ship was dismantled.

It's bubble dome was used to house the brains in "The Gamesters of Triskelion[sp]"

The rest of it is presumed to have been destroyed.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Richard Compton said:
Well the Galileo I meant was the one they "flew". Anything filmed like the big Ent model, so I probably wouldn't include the necklace either, but it was a good suggestion.
Paramount has the original 22.x inch filming miniature that they have partially restored and used in one episode of The Next Generation.

The Idic Page, who is both a poster in hobbytalk and the name of his webpage, has some good pics of it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wasn't it the original 4" model that was later embedded in lucite?

D-7: there were two of these produced by AMT. (They aren't exactly the same.) The Smithsonian has the actual filming miniature. The other one was given to Roddenberry, who gave it to Poe (Whitfield), whose family sold it. It was recently up for auction by Profiles in History. There's a recent page on this model at The IDIC Page.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
The Catspaw miniatures were made out of metal.

Here are the drawings:

For those who can't make out the writing, the subject line says "'ENTERPRISE' WORKING PROP" and is dated 4-18-67.

The notation says "MAKE 2 OF METAL"

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Cool! "MAKE 2 OF METAL"! That means the one not in Lucite is still at large.

BTW, I hadn't noticed before that this one had a round b/c deck for easy fabrication.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Captain April said:
The AMT model used in "The Trouble With Tribbles" was auctioned off recently in one of those Profiles in History auctions.

Here it is...

This model is now the property of Paul Allen and currently resides at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any measurements on those metal miniatures? Any chance a Zochi/Game Science plastic gaming miniature would come close enough to replicate these props? The pictures are pretty blurry but there is a certain resemblance...

Just wondering :)

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

PS: That AMT Enterprise seems to have held up pretty well considering its age

1 - 20 of 47 Posts