Hobbyist Forums banner

List of Stores that sell Hot Wheels (area specific of course)

44K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  samace22 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Forgive me for starting this topic if it already exists. But I have been trying to compile some sort of list of stores that sell hot wheels. I've looked on the internet and it is not easy to nail down exactly ALL the stores.

I figured we could just list a few each of us know of in our respective areas.

Here's mine:
New York / New Jersey area
Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Shop Rite, CVS (limited quantity), Stop n Shop (around the holidays).
Lets see what yours are....

#3 · (Edited)
I'm in Syracuse New York. Here is a list of other stores and other places in my area that sell hotwheels. Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Kmart, family dollar, dollar general, dollar tree, aldi's, price rite, rite aid, kinney drugs, wegmans, price chopper, tops grocery store, the salvation army store, thriffy shopper, advanced auto parts, auto zone, pep boys, comic book stores, barns & noble, gamestop, five below, ollie's, TJ Maxx, marshalls, JC Penney, kohl's, Michaels arts and crafts, best buy, Christmas tree shops, big lots, antique stores, at the mall, 7 eleven, flea markets, yard sales, garage sales, car shows, and toy shows. These are the places that you can go looking for hotwheels. And welcome to hobbytalk congrats.👍

#6 ·
DFW

We have nearly all that Sam listed except - kinney drugs, wegmans, price chopper, and tops grocery store, now.

Additional grocery stores include Kroger, Albertsons, Brookshire(s) / (Brothers), ALDI and HEB/Central Market.

Additional drug stores are CVS and Walgreens

Additional parts stars are O'Reillys

Other places are Target, Hobby Lobby, Hobby Town, Sams Club and Tractor Supply Company

Lowes used to have their own NASCAR line and Home Depot still has them at the Holidays.

Reactions: samace22
#12 ·
The stores in the Salt Lake City, Utah area where I've found Hot Wheels are:
  • Walmart
  • Walmart Neighborhood Market - small selection
  • Target
  • Smith's Marketplace (Kroger) - large selection
  • Smith's Food & Drug (Kroger) - small selection, hit and miss
  • Dollar Tree
  • Dollar General
  • Family Dollar
  • Harmon's - small selection, hit and miss
  • Walgreens - small selection
  • CVS - very small, expensive selection
  • Lucky's (so I've been told. Haven't checked one out yet, they're pretty new here and I don't have one close)
  • Big Lots
  • AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advance Auto Parts - all very small selection

#14 ·
Forgive me for starting this topic if it already exists. But I have been trying to compile some sort of list of stores that sell hot wheels. I've looked on the internet and it is not easy to nail down exactly ALL the stores. I figured we could just list a few each of us know of in our respective areas. Here's mine: New York / New Jersey area Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Shop Rite, CVS (limited quantity), Stop n Shop (around the holidays). Lets see what yours are....
here in Quebec: Walmart, Dollarama, Dollar Max, Jean Coutu, Pharmaprix, Toys R us, Canadian Tire, Renaud Bray, Provigo, some Hobby shops and local game store, sometimes at gamestop. I am probably forgetting some.

#17 · (Edited)
Here in central Pennsylvania we have Target, Walmart, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Giant/Martins grocery stores. These pretty much always have HW cars. Giant has small dump bins, the rest have cars on pegs. Then there are these stores that sometimes have HW cars: Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Weis grocery stores, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Michaels. Out of 6 Dollar Tree stores in my area, 3 have HW cars most of the time, the other 3 never have anything. There's also Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS but they're hardly worth mentioning with about 4-5 cars on a peg and that's it. There is a Wegmans about 30 miles away from here and on the few occasions I've been in it they had HW cars, both premium and mainlines, but I rarely go there it's been years since I was there.

#18 ·
I still live in the Syracuse NY area and here are the stores in my area that carry hot wheels nowadays. Target, Walmart, dollar tree, dollar general, family dollar, price chopper, tops grocery store, Wegmans, Macy's/ toys r us, Kohl's, big lots, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, O'Reilly auto parts, AutoZone, advance auto parts, Kinney drugs, Walgreens, rite aid, hobby lobby, DSW shoes store, Nordstrom rack, five below, Ollie's, Barnes and Noble, Michaels arts and crafts, the salvation army thrift store, the rescue mission thrift store, goodwill thrift store, and a couple local hobby stores. Those are all the stores in my area that carry hot wheels all the time or get hot wheels in sometimes.

#19 ·
No need for apologies; it's great that you're looking to compile a list of stores for Hot Wheels enthusiasts. If you ever find yourself in the Big Apple, you absolutely must visit the big toy store in New York, where I've had some fantastic experiences exploring an extensive range of Hot Wheels and other collectible toys. It's a haven for collectors and toy lovers. Additionally, for even more Hot Wheels options, you can explore largerthanlifetoys .com, which offers an incredible selection that's bound to delight Hot Wheels fans. Happy hunting!