Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wave 1: Ford GT, 68 Mercury Cougar, 62 VW Beetle, 70 Plymouth 'Cuda, Chevy Avalanche, Ford Mustang Concept, 69 Camaro, 65 Mustang GT, 71 Chevelle, PT Cruiser Convertible, Cadillac Escalade, Mini Cooper

Wave 2: 33 Ford Coupe, BMW x5, 56 Cadillac Eldorado, 65 Shelby Cobra, 67 VW Microbus, 70 Pontiac GTO, 71 Camaro Z-28, Porsche 911, Chevrolet SSR, VW Cabrio Concept, Pontiac Vibe GT, Corvette C6 (chase car in higher level of deco)

Wave 3: 55 Cadillac Fleetwood, 56 Ford Pick up, 61 Dodge Phoenix, 70 Boss Mustang, 70 El Camino, Camaro SS Convertible, VW Microbus concept, Lincoln Navigator, Dodge Viper GTS, Nissan Z, TVR Tuscan S, Porsche 911 Cabrio

got the lists from collectorsnetusa.com didnt see pics but they are sold in case of 12 by release and all 3 waves are priced at 32.95 plus 6.95 sh a case

R

·
0 Posts
man those sound nice but the price is steep. at www.laughingpants.com they are $24.95 a case of 12 i believe. not sure on shipping but probably the same. you can pre-order with them too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They run around $2 at K-Mart ($2.19 has been reported at some), so $25 for a case of 12 is reasonable. They're definitely worth that if you ask me.

Mark

·
Registered
86 Posts
Laughing Pants?

ruckapitbridge said:
man those sound nice but the price is steep. at www.laughingpants.com they are $24.95 a case of 12 i believe. not sure on shipping but probably the same. you can pre-order with them too.
Has anyone used Laughing Pants? Are they reliable?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
MBohn said:
LOL. Could be worse, be glad it's not the Scion xB.

Mark
Is that the toaster on wheels? I think I saw an episode of "Pimp my ride" on MTV where they bought this kid one of these Scion thingys and "pimped" it out. And.....well.....it still looked horrible...worse actually.

They put a huge spoiler on top in the back, like they thought it was gonna fly away or something. :freak: Then they added this big groud effects bumper in the from that stuck out, literally, almost 3 feet. Looked like a brand new bumper car. It was hilarious watching them TRY to make this car cooler, but it just wasn't happening. :lol:

Anyway, back to the MB cars....the Honda Element has all that gray plastic paneling that just makes it look worse. IMO.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I just saw a Real Honda Element with the Plastic replaced with the same as the upper half...ala Avalance. Copying the Americans once again;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
wheres the search at on that site? they really need to fix that site so you can find shit this is starting to piss me off
Click on 'Online Store'. There's a list of buttons along the left side of the screen. Click 'Search' button, 3 buttons up from the bottom.

Mark

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MBohn said:
Click on 'Online Store'. There's a list of buttons along the left side of the screen. Click 'Search' button, 3 buttons up from the bottom.

Mark
just looked today now the mb cars are not on there site they sell out or ???

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Well, I was able to rifle through wave one at megal low-mart, and was not impressed with the diecast itself. The box art was really nice. Reminiscent of matchbox years ago. I just couldn't justify the price of buying them when they looked cheap. I swear you pay more for the box than the car. They seemed a little on the cheesy side to me(the diecast itself).
Chris

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
superduty455 said:
Well, I was able to rifle through wave one at megal low-mart, and was not impressed with the diecast itself. The box art was really nice. Reminiscent of matchbox years ago. I just couldn't justify the price of buying them when they looked cheap. I swear you pay more for the box than the car. They seemed a little on the cheesy side to me(the diecast itself).
Chris
did u buy them??

i still need the avalanche and escalade from wave 1 and i need the camaro and pt cruiser conv. on good cards from wave 1 if you can get those i have hunts to trade also buy the vws if you can i like those alot and will take multiples of them

i just got all of wave 2 today but would like more of the vw conv. and vw bus

let me know what u got or can get and i can trade you some t hunts

·
Registered
86 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
just looked today now the mb cars are not on there site they sell out or ???
I got an e-mail from them the other day, said their allotment is sold out and don't expect to get any more. Bummer, their price was pretty good.

Mark

·
Registered
86 Posts
superduty455 said:
Chris
This is without a doubt the best thing Matchbox has come out with in years. Us Matchbox collectors are going nuts trying to get them, but we're having to compete with scalpers. The only thing I would change is a little more variety in the wheels. They're putting the new 5 spokes on all the modern era cars.

Mark

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
MBohn said:
This is without a doubt the best thing Matchbox has come out with in years. Us Matchbox collectors are going nuts trying to get them, but we're having to compete with scalpers. The only thing I would change is a little more variety in the wheels. They're putting the new 5 spokes on all the modern era cars.

Mark
those wheels arent to good the beetle conv looks bad with them and the vw bus wasnt too good either think the gto judge looks the best with them

i got all 12 of wave 2 at freds yesterday at 11 am so either i got lucky or the scalpers here arent scooping them up

so far i only need 2 from wave 1

sucks laughingpants sold out i was gonna buy a case of wave 1

collectorsnetusa.com has wave three for 39.90 shipped for a box of all 12

1 - 20 of 25 Posts