Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Wow, only 25K?!? Whatta bahgin! :)

Seriously, those things look fantastic! It appears they've sold 20 of them and have a number of very happy customers there, going by the Testimonials page. Having Dick Tufeld himself record new phrases and being willing to record some custom phrases is an excellent bonus, as well.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I loved the photos of the B-9s lined up in production. It makes me think about the original series, and the idea that the robots will be manufactured en masse far in the future of...um..1997...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Griffworks said:
Wow, only 25K?!? Whatta bahgin! :)

Seriously, those things look fantastic! It appears they've sold 20 of them and have a number of very happy customers there, going by the Testimonials page. Having Dick Tufeld himself record new phrases and being willing to record some custom phrases is an excellent bonus, as well.
Griff, i sent you a P.M.
Bert

·
Oxidation Genius
31,254 Posts
Bobman said:
25k is more than double to what it should cost.

Bob
My friend built his for $6k from parts bought on the net.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yes, but as with those who commission others to build models for them, there are folks out there who just don't have the talent, time or even just the motivation to build one of their own. More often than not, those folks have a large enough disposable income that they can afford a $25K buildup.

And you've got to admit that it's impressive in it's abilities. At least, it's impressed me. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I didn't know they were axing plans on the diecast lost in space robot. I didn't see anything on the site regarding this, but the picture of the robot did look a lot like the trendmasters version and i allready have a few of those,So i guess it's just as well.But a flying sub and spindrift would be COOL :thumbsup: Any body know actual release dates on them? Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
PE is axeing all the regular sized Irwin Allens..they will come back sometime this decade (note my sarcasm) as highly overpriced studio replicas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts