Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Venom pro charger to charge my carpet car lipos. This is the first lipo battery and Charger I have had. the lipo is a SMC 4000mAh 25C SINGLE CELL 3.7v

Charger settings.

Lipo Charge
2.0A 3.7V(1S)

Lipo Discharge
.05A 3.0V(1S)

Is the Charge Rate to high or too low?
Is the Discharge Rate to high or to low?

And I also heard some where that when a lipo is new it needs to be Cycled like 12 times to get peak performace out of it? Is that True and do you guys do it?
thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, When you say I can Safely charge it at that, Does that mean its what i should charge it at or less then that?

·
Registered
382 Posts
okay, When you say I can Safely charge it at that, Does that mean its what i should charge it at or less then that?
It means you can charge up to that SAFELY, but they don't recamend any higher, lower is OK. If you charge at anything higher than 4 amps, you risk overheating it and causing a fire.The rule of thumb I use is 1c, meaning my 3200 lipos get charged at 3.2 amps, 4000's at 4 amps.(1 amp for every 1000 mah)
If you set it lower, it only effects the charge time. There is no answer to what "should" you charge them at.

Like Hank said, really no need to discharge them, but if you want to , I recamend discharging at 20 amps, but please be safe, use a lipo sack.

:thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay thanks guys, i will just charge it at like 3.5A for now. Thanks for the help alot more basic then i thought it would be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts