Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this has probably been discussed plenty of time beffore but im new to the whole lipo scene...can someone explain how the whole 2s and 3s and up works? is it better to just buy a charger with a balancer already built into it? what a good inexspensive charger i can buy? is anyone selling a good charger?
thanks for all your help

·
Registered
382 Posts
The 2s, 3s etc. is the number of cells in the lipo battery pack and at 3.7 volts per cell means 2s is 7.4 volts, 3s is 11.7 and so on. You may also find something like 2s2p pack meaning it has 2 cells in series and 2 in parallel for a total of 4 cells.
Series increases voltage where as parallel increases capacity.
You can find lots of info at either Promatch racing or Maxamps web sights.

I think chargers with a balancer built in are a better deal and if you keep an eye on the for sale threads and maybe E Bay, you should be able to get a good deal there.
Personally, I use a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 for my lipos with a Maxamps Equinox balancer, but the Turbo 35's are not the cheapest things on the market.

·
Registered
304 Posts
imax b6 is what i use i payed like 50 total for it and it will charge up to 6s lipo. its has its good days and bad days like a moody person. but i have had no problem just cut it on and off a few times and its work fine. then again my younger bother stepped it and it has been knocked into the floor a few times. its small but not to small. it has a balancer build in. all in all it will charge lipo,pb, and the stander batterys most ppl use, cant thing of the spelling right off hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts