Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been a long time since I ran going on 4 yrs kids work and life got in the way so now that I want to run again I seems I picked a bad time to go do it looks like everything has changed. So my questions I ran mod full body oval,sprint,stock truck all on dirt. I have a gfx and a turbo 35 standard cyclones and atoms,M8. What I'm looking for is what is a good charger I know I can upgrade mine but whats the use everything that made them great I dont need with brushless. who makes good batteries and last brushless and speed controls. Looking for upper to mid grade.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, in my humble opinion their are a lot of decent lipo chargers on the market. I use one from Integy, a 16xLIPO I believe and it works, but there is also Duratrax, Tekin, and a bunch of others.
As far as brushless, I an a big fan of Novak, but there is also Tekin, Speed Passion, LRP, Losi and a few others.I really like the new Novak ballistic series of motors.
I will not comment on batteries simply because i am still in the learning process on those. I have 2 Yea Racing 3200mah 20c packs and they are doing what I need. Haven't run any others to compare.

Again, that is my opinion and I am sure someone will disagree.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hope this helps

Im a big fan of SMC's I bought one 3 years ago and its as good as the day i bought it..I now run 6 SMC packs.. Goodluck

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
What I'm looking for is what is a good charger I know I can upgrade mine but whats the use everything that made them great I dont need with brushless.
Honestly why wouldn't you save the hundred and a half minimum buying a new charger and just upgrade the GFX you have for roughly $80-$90 shipped. It's still everything you need and more if you want to check your batteries every once in awhile. The ONLY reason I could say to get a new charger rather than upgrade is if you wanted something with a smaller footprint but then you also lose the high discharge rate of the CE charger.

Batteries - SMC and Thunder Power are probably the two most popular right now. I'd check to see if where you are going to run dirt goes by the DODC rules. If they do you'll have to use DODC "speced" bats and motors.

ESC/motors - Novak and Tekin are probably the most popular here. Tekin it seems will be found in most of the winners cars (RS and RS Pro) as they are able to be adjusted more with Tekins Hotwire programmer. Motors is anybodies game. I'm hearing good things about Trinities new Duo 2 and others are having good runs with Novaks Ballistic branded motors.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts