Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the Green Ghoul, Mad Mangler, Krimson Terror and Creeping Crusher. I still have to putty the seams and sand/reprime. And I need to glue the Sculpey (original cheap stuff) simple base I made to tie them together, onto a sheet of plastic to reinforce it.

The base I made is too thin and wants to bend so I thought I should strengthen it. Then I will drill holes through the feet and base so I can pin the figures to the base.

After that I have to come up with a good color scheme for the figures, paint them, put on the cotton puff hair I am going to use on a couple of them, print the nameplates I designed and then I can post the completed pics. I only have a box for one of them, the Creeping Crusher, but I will post pics of it as well when I have finished them.

Attachments

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Now THERE'S some fiendish faces I haven't seen in years! Thanks for the blast from the past, Bruce! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Looks good so far Bruce!
Are you going to put the feathers on them too?
I like the idea of a base to tie them together.
Steve

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I have besides the figures is a box that the Creeping Crusher came in. On the side it says 'KIT COMES COMPLETE WITH MONSTER HAIR' but I have no hair from the kit, so I am going to use some pulled-apart cotton balls and see how it looks.

I think they might all have originally had hair, because the face paintings of the four which are shown on the box side shows all of them with hair. My Green Ghoul will probably remain bald though, because he reminds me of a Creature From The Black Lagoon type.

I just have a very little bit of sanding on the seam putty left, and another coat of primer, then I will start painting them. I already have a basic color scheme planned for them.

If I can find some little craft leaves I bought for other kits, like the PL Michael Myers kit, then I will put some of them on the base. And I still need to drill through the base to pin the figures to it.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
IIRC, the Green Ghoul was molded in pink (?) plastic and the Krimson Terror was molded in white...or is my poor feeble old brain drifting away again? :freak:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Those look a lot cheesier than I remembered! Very cool though - I would love to get a set of these. They really bring back memories :thumbsup: Yes, they had that 'troll' hair that came with the kit. Two parts and the hair :cool:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them painted today. I still have to style and color the cotton ball 'hair' I plan to use, and glue some little leaves I bought onto the base, and then I will take pictures and post them. Probably in a couple of days.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Yep...there they are...first time I've ever seen them painted up! Thanks, Bruce!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I don't think I've seen these built up before. They look better than I imagined they would! Well done Bruce!!

Chris.:)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for looking!

When I build something different that you don't see all the time, or sometimes even at all, I like to show pictures. I know I like it when I see unusual or rarely shown models on the boards. I love resin kits, and the vinyl kits I bought when they were prevalent, but they are all newer sculpts. I grew up with styrene kits, and the added nostalgia factor of figure and oddball kits that were around and mass-produced when I was young is just too much for me to resist. I'm glad I bought what I did while I had a job and money to get them!

I really had forgotten I had these in my stash, until I got excited about getting something built quick and easy. I visited GJS recently and got fired up seeing kits he had started or finished, which I still have boxed. After thinking about what I could build, including some of the kits I saw at Gary's, I remembered these kits since they are so cartoonish in appearance, and extremely simple to prep and paint.

With these four done, I have completed six kits this year.:) That's more than I finished from 2003 through 2008. I think I'm finally getting back 'in the mood'.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Great to hear, Bruce!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
PLEASE dig out some more of these rarities and get 'em on the workbench!
It's as you say mate- it's cool to see all the rare classics on Hobbytalk.

Chris.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts