Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked this one up at a local toy show. It is probably the best version I have ever seen for a loose Lindberg with only the passenger side wing window showing just a small break. It is obviously lacking a rear base plate screw and needs fit adjustment from the window piece on down. IIRC there is a progression of screw types and material color which can be used to further date the series release progression. The front and rear end also show design changes along the way. It needs to make a pass through the detail shop and is a likely candidate for deconstruction photo review as well!

[/url
][url=https://flic.kr/p/2khLo9x]Lindberg #3 Corvette Stingray
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Lindberg #3 Corvette Stingray
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool! I'd love to see a teardown.
The teardown is in process and the first thing I noticed was the side air vents are not from the 1965 model but rather from the 1967 and it is fitted with the small block hood design which was only used during 1966 and 1967. So I have updated my title to reflect that change.

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Inside were several individual weights between the floorboard of the interior and the base. The bumper both front and rear were to tight to remove from the body but the rear plate and exhaust tips slide out easily. An interesting design element of the window piece is that it fits directly into each body opening - not just against the inside body. May also be why the A pillars on them are so fragile, too!

20201229 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20201229 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was only able to get the rear portion of the glass to fit back into the body and discovered that the top of the passenger side A pillar was also broken away from the roof. I didnt want to force it any further but the overall fit improved from the rear but not the front.

20201228 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20201228 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
free wheeling. not really a good set up for track racing like Hot Wheels.
but nicely detailed plastic bodies that easily convert to slot cars. mostly on aurora t-jet chassis, but would fit TYCO-S chassis to along with Lionel, Marx and other chassis of similar wheel base lengths.
I guess the weights were intended to allow them to roll down inclines, but I don't think Lindberg ever manufactured track.

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made another attempt to refit the window and got it to fit into each opening, but as soon as I turn the car over it slips out of place again. Will have to look at more internal support somewhere to get it to stay in place. 🙁

Also reposted the bits and pieces photo above.

20201229 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Inside were several individual weights between the floorboard of the interior and the base. The bumper both front and rear were to tight to remove from the body but the rear plate and exhaust tips slide out easily. An interesting design element of the window piece is that it fits directly into each body opening - not just against the inside body. May also be why the A pillars on them are so fragile, too!

20201229 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20201229 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
the interior with the dash, seats, steering wheel is supposed to help hold the glass in place. that helps hold the window in. bye the bye, did you get a package with a bunch of die cast chassis and wheels a while back?

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the interior does a good job but the base doesnt meet up with it when screwed down. Looking at adding a spacer over the weights to add some extra holding in place pressure.

I will have to look for a box from you - Mrs Fox likes to put things for me - in places I wont lose them! Was it suppose to have arrived recently?

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
I don't remember when. weeks ago, maybe many weeks ago. not really that important though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts