Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Believe it or not, this was a 3 dollar item at a local thrift store that someone had snapped together, and was missing only a couple of small parts (front attachment point for shuttle and OMS nozzles):

Here's more pics (this time, with a little something extra):

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Thats one of the best shuttle models I have seen. The Lindberg kit can be made into a nice model and is a good addition to the AMT Man in Space set too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks very cool. Not to be critical, but you need to add some smoke, and maybe lighting, to the shuttle main engines. Those are going wide open at launch as well, they light before the SRB's do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
depending on what you used for lighting, you want to be careful leaving it lit for long periods of time. If those are incandescent bulbs, they WILL build up heat, and that's a lot of tinder built up around them. (Fire hazard is what I'm getting at.)

At the very least, please dont leave it turned on, and unattended...

but, safety note aside, very nice end result!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks very cool. Not to be critical, but you need to add some smoke, and maybe lighting, to the shuttle main engines. Those are going wide open at launch as well, they light before the SRB's do.
It's okay, djreiswig; I'm working on that now. I wanted to get the SRB's lit first. But rest assured, I will have everything lit. This was the test to see how the SRB lights would work.

depending on what you used for lighting, you want to be careful leaving it lit for long periods of time. If those are incandescent bulbs, they WILL build up heat, and that's a lot of tinder built up around them. (Fire hazard is what I'm getting at.)

At the very least, please dont leave it turned on, and unattended...

but, safety note aside, very nice end result!!

Thanks firehoud. I only turn them on for photography; otherwise, they remain off. It runs off of AA batteries, so i don't want to melt the model, cause a fire or drain the power supply. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts