Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some ideas from some of the Slot car Racers out there. We want to start sometime this upcoming year maybe every other month Racing the HO Scale slot cars. We already have some track enough to set up a good size road course or a big oval. We have a nice spot in the room we meet in once a month to set this up in the back of the room. We are a Race club so it would be nice to get this going maybe in February of 2010. We have the downhill racing every month so we cant do this every month until we get enough members to help out run and watch over the track. I was thinking ages 12 and up only to race. we also need to get a price on how much to charge for Laps or just charge a flat rate for the day to race. We would allow any Ho Scale slot car to race Auto World, AFX, T-Jets, Life Like, ect. We would probably have classes also. If anyone has some ideas on any of this let me know. just trying to make this a even more interesting club for people to enjoy. Thanks Jeremy LJLRC:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
First thing, would be to have similar chassis types in a class:

Tjet class - Aurora tjets, MM T+ chassis
Tough Ones class - Aurora ToughOnes, JL/AW Thunderjets (Minus the neo-dot magnets)
JL/AW Ultra-G class - for those who want to race using the neodots
Afx MT/ JL/AW XT class - Afx Magna traction and JL/AW Xtractions (minus the neodots on Ultra-G chassis)
4-Gear class - Afx specialty chassis and AW4-gears minus the neodots
4-Gear class w/neodots
AWXT Ultra-G class
Semi class - Afx tractor trailers and AW Racing Rigs( minus neodots)
Magnet car class - Tyco 440x2, Lifelikes)
Polymers magnet class Tomy super G+

And to keep things simple, only allow slip-on silicone tires. For tjets, you could allow double-flange rims to keep tires from falling off during a race.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts