Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is highly inapropriate for this forum, but I thought I'd give'er a go.
I usually hang out in the dicast car customizing forum and I did this from a 1/64th scale Johnny Lightning...here ya go!
btw, anyone nkow where to get 1/72 military decals???

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thats pretty cool Dave.
I like the combination, kind of a Futura on steroids.
looks like it could have rolled right out of a fifties sci-fi movie.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Maybe this is highly inapropriate for this forum, but I thought I'd give'er a go.
Inappropriate? Certainly not. It fits equally well either here or on the Model Cars board.

It's cool! Looks like something from an alternate history with World War II dragging on into the 1980s as seen from a 1950s vantage point -- or something like that.

About those kill markings -- he's taken out four . . . what? Japanese bubble-topped tanks?

·
Starship Class
11,937 Posts
The bubble-top makes it perfect for underwater operations, too!

EXCELLENT conversion!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's cool! Looks like something from an alternate history with World War II dragging on into the 1980s as seen from a 1950s vantage point -- or something like that.

About those kill markings -- he's taken out four . . . what? Japanese bubble-topped tanks?
:lol:...It's fun to hear you guys's's perspective as military buffs...thank you!

Now for the REAL history on this car.
The Futura was commissioned by Ford in 1955 to be made by Ghia of Italy. After it tour as a show car, duties where never paid and so the Government snagged the aging show car for Special Opps and decked it out to the max. After it got used hard and put away wet, it was spotted at a Government auction by Tom Daniel of Barris Kustom City fame.
Now you know why the Batmobile has so many wild gadgets! ;) :wave:

·
Starship Class
11,937 Posts
Who's a military buff around here?? :confused:

I thought you knew that we knew :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts