Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after investigating wheels, tires, and things to use, I found that the '68 dodge charger r/t from revell is the same size as the futura down the line! So now I have a real frame, engine compartment, tires, wheels, fire extinguisher,etc. I'm stoked! I also have a turbine engine from a 1/35 cobra I'm not using. Oh, and the charger has a hinged hood so I can rob those parts that glue on.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well, after investigating wheels, tires, and things to use, I found that the '68 dodge charger r/t from revell is the same size as the futura down the line! So now I have a real frame, engine compartment, tires, wheels, fire extinguisher,etc. I'm stoked! I also have a turbine engine from a 1/35 cobra I'm not using. Oh, and the charger has a hinged hood so I can rob those parts that glue on.
Hey thanks for the info on the Charger. I started one of these conversions but, like everything else it has gone back into the closet for a while.

I have a conversion from Magnetic Models from Italy and there was always a question to it's lineage (was it a skyhook copy?) if I remember correctly.

I have amassed decals, rollbar and lights and a Fireball 500 kit for the Radir rims. I also acquired, after I started this, a resin body from Jimmy Flintstone. I think that was what made me stop the build as I did'nt know if I wanted to proceed with the Futura or go with the resin body.
For quick ADD satisfaction I bought both the small and large Hot Wheels diecasts for the display case.

Anyway maybe my passion will return for this one as I grew up with that 66 Batmobile being my favorite car ever! I blame Batman and his Batmobile for every new car I ever owned, being Black. Heck I even put red orange pinstriping on my 79 Camaro back in the day! Man I miss that Car. My current ride is a black 06 Mustang. I want to put the orangered striping on but don't think it will look right. BTW I have the aluminum dashboard and it reminds me of the style they had in the Futura/Batmobile...

Cheers,
Max Bryant

Cheers,
Max Bryant

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr. pretorius, I am having nothing but trouble communicating with this guy. He will not answer my emails. Any insight?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Jimmy Flintstone has a complete kit and also a conversion for the Revell Futura. At least its scaled to the Revell kit, which isnt really 1/24/25 scale although its close.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
modelsj, why not wait for Polar Lights to release their 1/32 and 1/25 scale versions in 2010?
Take a look over on the modeling board, I posted the new releases from Amt/MPC Round 2.
Chris

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yehhh......... just saw that............. wonder if I will still have to use the chassis and turbine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts