Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yes, really clean.
This color is the first release pre-dating the turquoise green one.
The gold colored thin wheeled Superfast one is awesome too, but they absolutley ruined it when the hacked out the wheel arches for the wide SF wheels! :freak:

Nice job with the pic, I'd say :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, really clean.
This color is the first release pre-dating the turquoise green one.
The gold colored thin wheeled Superfast one is awesome too, but they absolutley ruined it when the hacked out the wheel arches for the wide SF wheels! :freak:

Nice job with the pic, I'd say :thumbsup:
Thank you:wave:

I agree on hogged out wheel wells...but gotta have it :)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Your first pic nailed the color. :thumbsup: That's the version I have and I think it's more attractive than the second paint scheme.
The last version (Superfast) makes the Lincoln look like a 4X4. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this casting would be great to get a couple of non abused beaters and file out the casting lines and refinish in some traditional Lincoln colors and especially Black with minor trim detailing an some white walls:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I agree on hogged out wheel wells...but gotta have it :)
Yes!!! Absolutely gotta have it indeed!
I hate what they did to it but still love it just the same!
I too have all major versions of this car because...well, ya just have to!

I like your idea of customizing and detailing one out in black. I think a red interior would nail it.
And some JL wheels with white walls like you said.

I still have the one I did as a kid. I sawed off the roof, painted and detailed it. It's a little rough, but I was about 12.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts