Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lil' Red Express tampos had to go but I left the gold pinstriping for now and I gave it some new shoes. It's still a bit of a PIP since I haven't chromed the stacks yet. I can't find my silver chrome paint at the moment but I'll paint her up when I do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i just couldn't bring myself to pull that off the shelf, never seen anything but a red on on the road. a guy local to me had one for a long time, and beat the snot out of it. never knew that had that much of a following.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was sort of disappointed. No Lil Red Expresses yet in my area, but one Lil Purple one. It still even says "red" on the tampos...I brought it home anyway.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
There were like three of them at the local Walmart today but I passed on all of them. Just not right with the misleading tampo on them. Then I saw how someone took the tampo off and just made a good-looking 'regular' truck out of it. Think I'll go back and get one - or two, in case I mess us - and try doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I agree on the tampos but I knew I'd take them right off so it was an easy buy for me. Plus it's a Plum Crazy-ish color and I seem to buy just about anything in that color lol.

I'm thinking if find another that I might put some crazy wheels and paint the stacks gold, it can be the 'Lil Pimp Express hahaha.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

One little change I didn't really want to do was remove the Dodge and Adventurer tampos on the front fenders but the tampos were too rotten looking to be worth keeping. Had they been complete and legible, I definitely would have kept them. It's funny, the Lil' Red Express graphics were perfect. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
yeah! those rims really set it off!!!

found one red one a few months ago....and then nada...great distribution, or i'm just late to the friggin party :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks like a good salvage of a dumb idea. Great work on that, without the "LRE" tampos it's actually pretty nice. I'd just like to find a red one to put next to my purple one...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again! Those wheels came with one of the TRU JL two packs, I used one set when I rewheeled the red one and the other for these. I really wanted the black Camaro with white stripes so I bought that set even though it was overpriced, but ultimately it worked out well enough since the wheels have proven to be very useful.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Lil' Purple Express? 2.0

I found another to do my "'Lil Pimp Express" but that one had nicer Dodge Adventurer tampos so I used it for this instead and I'll do the other as the Lil' Pimp Express lol. I need some gold paint and the right wheels and I'll do it up next. My whole intention for it is to be ridiculous haha.

The chromed stacks show up better in person and since the bed had pretty rotten paint in it, I "spray lined" it AKA I used a black paint pen haha. So it may be fast and it may have a fancy paint job, it don't forget it's a truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts