Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new "Special Edition Cobra GT's" state they have:
"Lightweight Hollow Rubber Tyres" is this something new?
I have never heard or seen Hollow HO tires (exchuse me tyres)
Redwog

·
Registered
69 Posts
All the Tomy SG+ cars come with hollow rear tires. Most serious racers replace the rear hubs and tires with dual flange rims and silicone tires.

Evan

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
scooter72167 said:
All the Tomy SG+ cars come with hollow rear tires. Most serious racers replace the rear hubs and tires with dual flange rims and silicone tires.

Evan
Tomy are thinking of doing away with those strange tires.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
tires.....

videojimmy said:
those gplus tires fit onto JL pullback rims, in case anyone would like to use those rims for customizing
I didn't even think about this. Well guess I will be going downstairs and putting some gplus tires on my 57 Nomad now. Thanks, Bob

These are the pullback rims that videojimmy is talking about. I stripped the chrome off and painted them flat red. Looks much better than the pics. & the pics look pretty good. Going to paint up some flat yellow rims for the black version of this Nomad. I could keep going but, you get the idea. Love these rims!

Bob

·
Registered
806 Posts
I hate the Super G+ tire and rim set up. I hate to buy cars and know that you have to change both rims and tires.

Jim

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Montoya1 said:
Tomy are thinking of doing away with those strange tires.

Thats gotta amount to the slowest reaction time ever! The SG+ has been around for what, 15 years and that setup has been known to be crap since day one...

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
tire & rims

Hey T-Jet Jim why not sale your tires & wheels? If bobhch dont want them let me know thanks Lendell :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts