Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A quick question about the Toppers. My girlfriend is a nanny for 2 little boys, and over the weekend I guess the boy's dad and them were using a metal detector in their yard, and dug up a few old diecast!

My girlfriend said the other 2 were real beat up, and missing most of their pieces, however she said 1 was still in ok shape, and was a Johnny Lightning. She said the name of the car was the Frantic Ferrari. I'm currently waiting for my next class to start here in a few minutes, and couldn't really find any good info online in the quick search I did...sooooo

Was this car only produced in the original series? I know there was some sort of Topper's re-release as of recently(last 10 years maybe?), so could it be one of them? I totally forgot to ask if she saw a date on the bottom, I guess that'd tell me. But I'm pretty clueless on the Toppers cars, I figured I'd ask! :wave:

Matt

·
Banned
98 Posts
Hey all,

A quick question about the Toppers. My girlfriend is a nanny for 2 little boys, and over the weekend I guess the boy's dad and them were using a metal detector in their yard, and dug up a few old diecast!

My girlfriend said the other 2 were real beat up, and missing most of their pieces, however she said 1 was still in ok shape, and was a Johnny Lightning. She said the name of the car was the Frantic Ferrari. I'm currently waiting for my next class to start here in a few minutes, and couldn't really find any good info online in the quick search I did...sooooo

Was this car only produced in the original series? I know there was some sort of Topper's re-release as of recently(last 10 years maybe?), so could it be one of them? I totally forgot to ask if she saw a date on the bottom, I guess that'd tell me. But I'm pretty clueless on the Toppers cars, I figured I'd ask! :wave:

Matt

The Frantic Ferrari is an original Topper.
It was not "re-popped" (remade) in any newer JL series. My guess is it likely has to do with licensing (Ferrari). Of course the could have called made another attempt to avoid that by casting it similar in shape to the original and called it Frantic "F" (Custom "L"). :drunk:

Stan

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
And a certain Topper Ferrari collector that we all know and love is likely to post in this thread at any time and make you an offer!

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
most of the JL Topper questions and talk is on the Vintage board.

just some tidbits, the Frantic Ferrari was actually the second incarnation of the cast. The original was called Custom Ferrari and had the normal opening hood. The Frantic Ferrari had the hood removed and a big blown engine placed in the engine bay. Betting that if this was found in a yard, that plastic engine is long gone, but ya never know.

also bet if you go to the Vintage board and did a search for Frantic Ferrari, you'll get some nice pics of it!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
most of the JL Topper questions and talk is on the Vintage board.

just some tidbits, the Frantic Ferrari was actually the second incarnation of the cast. The original was called Custom Ferrari and had the normal opening hood. The Frantic Ferrari had the hood removed and a big blown engine placed in the engine bay. Betting that if this was found in a yard, that plastic engine is long gone, but ya never know.

also bet if you go to the Vintage board and did a search for Frantic Ferrari, you'll get some nice pics of it!
Doh, totally forgot about the vintage board! Thanks all :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts