Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I've finally managed to track down the two pieces I wanted most this year, and both were lightning strikes. Having them both in hand now, I begin to wonder, why haven't I ever seen a White Lightning version of either piece? (Pic of those below...)

It seems to me that with many of the Lightning Strike pieces, the White version is substantially harder to find than the strike piece. Am I correct, or am I looking at the numbers incorrectly? If you have a pic of either of these in White Lightning form, please show me.

Thanks for your input!

:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I will say this 1 more time--WL/WL strikes are in batches, when 1 is found there is more to be found in the run, ie the pallet where these came from. These are NOT and NEVER have been RANDOMLY distributed/packed like they say or like they should have been, trust me, I know--Thanks, mikeslighntings :dude:

P.S.--Yes, they are RARE, they are LS's and NO they are NOT massed like you may think.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start this debate again. I do not doubt in any way the rarity of either of these cars. Let me clarify my question: are there both White Lightning and Lightning Strike versions of these two cars? I made the assumption that there were both, and having never seen a different chase version of either car, I wanted to know if three versions were made of each (basic, WL, and LS).

·
Registered
738 Posts
http://collector.johnnylightning.com/faqs.asp#white

Lightning strikes are produced in the same numbers
as the White Lightning version for that vehicle.
Lightning StrikeTM Cars
What is a Lightning Strike car?
Lightning Strike cars are variations-made in small quantities-of regular production models. For 1:64-scale cars, RC2 produces Lightning Strike versions for 1% of selected production runs. We randomly insert these cars into cases at the factory.

What makes a Lightning Strike car?
Like White Lightnings, a Lightning Strike is rare but only one element on the car makes a Lightning Strike and that is the tires. For these releases, the tires are painted or molded in color to create a dynamic and fun release.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My post was not of debate. It may end up debated :lol:
That release did not see wide distribution in quanity.
At this rate, will probably see at Lightning Fest next year.
I have found 2 cases with 2 W/Ls and even 1 with 3.
I'm sure others can beat that, heck, I've heard of full
cases of Whites.
I don't doubt the numbers that are stated as being
produced, whether they're W/Ls and/or L/Ss.
I was not addressing the randomly process either.
A basic one, that is the one we all will be finding, thats
for sure!:(

photos from JLCollector.com

W/L is white engine & base

1 - 6 of 6 Posts