Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of car is Lightning McQueen suppose to be and what year? a Corvette?

And do you think there will be a second movie with new cars?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't think he's a Corvette (although the coves in radiator springs trim look like it.) when he and Sally go for a drive she says she fell in love and he says "Corvette?" If he were a Vette he wouldn't have had to ask!

On a side not, have you noticed that a red Pontiac solstice with white coves would definitely get the mind thinking?

KA-CHOW?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
DaCustomizer said:
I heard the base is made from a firebird, it could be wrong thought, And it does look sorta like the Solstice. :)
There was a link here before that told about how the 1:1 "display" cars were built, and that McQueen was in fact based on a Firebird (though he clearly isn't one as a finished product)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He has rounded fenders like a firebird but Im not buying this. I think you guys are messin with me, b/c of my abnormal passion for firebirds.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
WLCollector said:
He has rounded fenders like a firebird but Im not buying this. I think you guys are messin with me, b/c of my abnormal passion for firebirds.
no, rich is correct. they used a 1:1 firebird as a donor car for lightning mcqueen. it was an older body style though, not a late 4th gen. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts