Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this has the Fest Logo. I picked one up on the bay. I'll find out when it gets here and looks like it may have on the top. It will be in the line up anyway but just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
The Lightning Girls Nomad is NOT a LightningFest Nomad. It was sold at the show first but has since showed up at many other places for sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
The license plate reads "LF 2006" because it was initially designed to be sold only at Fest. It did not have the Fest logo, having instead the Lightning Girls logo. But it was still meant originally to be exclusive for Fest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Fine!
Thanks Mark and DuckieD.
We had the BWF controversy. Yep, the Dead Bus wins in my book.
Mark has the final word, but just for fun.
Sold at the show first...
"LF 2006" on license plate...
OK, maybe not an official Fest car. But what collection can be without it?
I was wondering because Wyatt didnt include it.
(Love your site)
Where is Farnsworth when you need him?
I think we need a vote on this one!
Give me the ladies phone numbers and I will ask... just kidding.
Maybe I'll start a poll on this one when it gets here. It will be in my Fest display!
Disclaimer...
All of this is in good fun. Please take it as intended.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
bob8748 said:
OK Fine!
Thanks Mark and DuckieD.
We had the BWF controversy. Yep, the Dead Bus wins in my book.
Mark has the final word, but just for fun.
Sold at the show first...
"LF 2006" on license plate...
OK, maybe not an official Fest car. But what collection can be without it?
I was wondering because Wyatt didnt include it.
(Love your site)
Where is Farnsworth when you need him?
I think we need a vote on this one!
Give me the ladies phone numbers and I will ask... just kidding.
Maybe I'll start a poll on this one when it gets here. It will be in my Fest display!
Disclaimer...
All of this is in good fun. Please take it as intended.
It will be on Wyatt's site soon :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,765 Posts
If it has LF2006 on the plate then it's a no-brainer. No true LF collection will be complete without it. The only question is how many true LF collections are out there? 1500?
 

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
darkwiz said:
If it has LF2006 on the plate then it's a no-brainer. No true LF collection will be complete without it. The only question is how many true LF collections are out there? 1500?
Not enough cars for that many!
If you really think about it there can only be maybe 2 or 3 "true" LF collections out there since there were a couple cars that there were only 2 or 3 made. The LF black Camaro w/white sun visors comes to mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,765 Posts
Mr.Stubbs said:
If you really think about it there can only be maybe 2 or 3 "true" LF collections out there since there were a couple cars that there were only 2 or 3 made. The LF black Camaro w/white sun visors comes to mind.
Good point Mr. Stubbs but if this was the tv game show "Card Sharks" I'd say higher. I think there are collectors out there that consider themselves true LF collectors and those castings are thier "holy grails". So I'll say there are about 10 TLFC's out there. A far cry from 1500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,980 Posts
There are very few Fest collections that are complete. Mr. Stubbs and Mr. Hosaflook come to mind, I'm sure Mr. McIntosh is also up there. I'd love to see some of the rare cars posted on my Still Looking post. I'd love to include them for posterity.
 

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
Joined
·
8,413 Posts
Mr.Stubbs said:
Not enough cars for that many!
If you really think about it there can only be maybe 2 or 3 "true" LF collections out there since there were a couple cars that there were only 2 or 3 made. The LF black Camaro w/white sun visors comes to mind.

:thumbsup:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
bob8748 said:
OK Fine!
Thanks Mark and DuckieD.
...
I think we need a vote on this one!
Give me the ladies phone numbers and I will ask... just kidding.
...
Disclaimer...
All of this is in good fun. Please take it as intended.
LOL!! You're welcome! Wasn't sure I was much help, but thought I'd try. And all was taken as intended... no worries... :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,980 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Yes..... :devil:
I've seen marks and snippits or Mr. Stubbs I guess its put up or shut up time Rob! OK I don't want to be mean but all of us would like to see what sets you guys apart from the common collector!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I've seen marks and snippits or Mr. Stubbs I guess its put up or shut up time Rob! OK I don't want to be mean but all of us would like to see what sets you guys apart from the common collector!
I only have one of each displayed myself including prototypes. I ran out of room this year and need to build another display. With the house for sale I was holding off as that's just more holes to cover and touch up later. Know what I mean?:)

LightningBolt Day. What a dolt! What was I thinking?:p
 

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
Joined
·
8,413 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I've seen marks and snippits or Mr. Stubbs I guess its put up or shut up time Rob! OK I don't want to be mean but all of us would like to see what sets you guys apart from the common collector!

I do have one of every LF car for each year plus a couple of the real limiteds loose in my Fest display case.. with the exception of the red card Tom Daniel car that is signed by TD and has a special sticker and the Car Show car from last year with the sticker and all the design team's signatures.. other than that, my Fest Collection is nothing Special....
 

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
I'm sure Rob and Mark can easily surpass these #'s!!

Regular Fest Castings loose = 36 (I never did get the "05" event Daytona)

Other Fest castings loose = 23
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Macs_Little_Car said:
I do have one of every LF car for each year plus a couple of the real limiteds loose in my Fest display case.. with the exception of the red card Tom Daniel car that is signed by TD and has a special sticker and the Car Show car from last year with the sticker and all the design team's signatures.. other than that, my Fest Collection is nothing Special....
Sounds SPECIAL to me... PICS!
I'm working on this, I'd love to see your display.
 

·
Mustang Collector
Joined
·
4,091 Posts
There is a Fest Camaro on the bay right now if anyone is interested. Not mine but here is the number 110039803963
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top