Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just so you guys don't think I forgot about you. Getting things put together and will have entry information I will post here this weekend.

After my little informal survey and the responses (or lack thereof) there will be awards in the following categories this year:

Best Adult Class

Best Junior Class

Best Senior Class

Best in Show

I am looking forward to seeing what you all bring this year. Truly enjoyed last year.

Thanks

Rob

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, we'll just make it simple this year.

Please email us with your name, address, age, number of model kits you are entering and type of model kits you are entering.

Also include any requests you may have regarding space issues, etc. We will do what we can to help you out.

Email all information to

[email protected]

If you let us know ahead of time that you will be entering the contest we can be sure to have everything setup and ready for you.

Day of Show entries will be gladly accepted, but may not receive all amenities received by those who pre-registered.

Thanks to all,

Sherry and Rob

R

·
0 Posts
OK, nobody is entering any models this year? I'm disappointed.

Fest is only 3 weeks away!!!!

Thanks

Rob

R

·
0 Posts
Whiter said:
I think that an "old school" warehouse sale would help. :cool:
Well, In that case, you're in luck, since RC2 took over, the warehouse sale is back at PM headquarters just like in the past.

The Lightning Fest activities - model contes, diecast races and contest, slot car racing, etc is still at the Century Center, but the Warehouse Sale is back to the same as in the past

So let's get going on those models!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
But the warehouse sale is now only a "case" sale to Dealers & Distributors only, it's not like in the past where everybody could go and just buy one, two or three of each. That's why I'm not going.

My sole mission was to fill out my collection buying at rock bottom prices. It was definitely worth the drive from NE Ohio to do that. Now you have to be a dealer, you can only buy a case.........yadda,yadda,yadda. Not worth it. Make it like the old days and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Whiter

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Whiter

You took some correct information and turned it into bad information.

The dealer/vendor days are done by mailing list now and you are correct, it is bulk sale only. You do not have to attend to get in on this part of the sale. This is an option that dealers and vendors have ALWAYS had a couple times a year with PM. If you think about it, a list is easier to work with rather than guessing what is in each crate that is stacked up twenty feet high.

The Warehouse Sale which is held on the same day as the events and together are called LightningFest, is open to all. You can buy one kit or a case of kits, just like in the past. If you are not a club member, you can't get in until 9:00 am but chances are, if you are not in line all night, you can't get in at 9:00 anyway!

Where did you get your information from? I assure all that the Warehouse is NOT dealer only and bulk sale only. You may be a dealer and you may buy bulk if you so chose.

Mark Hosaflook
LightningFest

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't more clear..

the warehouse sale will be EXACTLY like it has been since 2000.... except now RC2 is running the show

So I guess I will see you in three weeks... got a kit to enter?? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Markhos,

I posted on another thread called:

2005 LightningFest Vendor Table Info.

In which the PM Moderator said the following:

"Whiter, I will respond regarding the 17th Sale. This sale is at Playing Mantis Headquarters and is for Dealers & Distributors (Cash and Carry) Case Sale Only.

In addition we have invited the JL CLub Members to come for "Case Sale Only" purchases. There will not be any onezies being sold until Sept. 18th and 19th at the Century Center."

So I'm kinda confused. I really hope that the warehouse sale is as it always was and I will for sure be there. But I need definite answers before I commit to a 5 hour ride.

I hope you guys are right, does anybody have "official" info?

Thanks,
Whiter

R

·
0 Posts
Hi,

PM Moderator answered on 5-06, PM was bought out by RC2 in June... RC2 has changed things, the Dealer days are now pre-orders, nothing the weekend of Fest, the JLCC Members Case only sale is cancelled and there will be a tent at the warehouse sale on Saturday at the PM headquarters just like last year and the regular warehouse sale will be Saturday morning at PM headquarters just like the last 4 years.

MarkHos is LightningFest, btw, you can't get too much more official

http://www.jllightningfest.com/

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Whiter said:
Markhos,

I posted on another thread called:

2005 LightningFest Vendor Table Info.

In which the PM Moderator said the following:

"Whiter, I will respond regarding the 17th Sale. This sale is at Playing Mantis Headquarters and is for Dealers & Distributors (Cash and Carry) Case Sale Only.

In addition we have invited the JL CLub Members to come for "Case Sale Only" purchases. There will not be any onezies being sold until Sept. 18th and 19th at the Century Center."

So I'm kinda confused. I really hope that the warehouse sale is as it always was and I will for sure be there. But I need definite answers before I commit to a 5 hour ride.

I hope you guys are right, does anybody have "official" info?

Thanks,
Whiter

Whiter

Permit me to introduce myself. My name is Mark Hosaflook. I do not work for PM but rest assurd, LF is my baby. There can't be a LF without PM/RC2 help and they have been the true success behind all of this but the idea and concept came from me.

The onezies that Lori spoke of above is direct reference to the Warehouse Sale when it was to be held at the Century Center in limited capacity. It would not have done justice to the Warehouse sales of old. It is far better that the sale be held at HQ's so we can all enjoy the sale as it has been in the past. I wouyld try and make a day of it id I could making it to both the WS and the events. I have a free King Kong kit waiting for you!

Take care

R

·
0 Posts
OK, if you do get to make it, just look me up at the Mac's Little Cars tables or at the Model COntest tables (we're right next to each other) and we'll get you all signed in

Thanks

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts