Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Yeah, but I'd like to have one so I could add it to my "Fest" page. Cute little thing...

:)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Somewhere on disk,(no idea,where) I have bookmarked a website that sells little metal custom parts,such as Robmacs trailers,racing seats,engines and such.
One of the parts listed is the jetski that was aparrantly used for the Batski.

I'm confident that if this site was to be posted by one of our helpful members,it would be fairly easy to assimulate.

(provided there are no liscensing,or patent issues attached)

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
1 original final prototype. 3 attempted concepts all different.

10 initial run samples which were labelled seperately 5 black / 5 white and in sets with special boxes.

127 of total 160 used - remainder destroyed - random numbers.

Only two TRUE WLs out there, given out at dinner and numbered randomly.

I have four of the 127 here for my personal collection.

The remainder are??? I asked Bobby if he wanted to register those as well.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
BOBB36 said:
Wheres Dipstick! If I remember right the one on auction is NOT a white lightning. :eek:
You are correct! The one that WAS up for auction is NOT a wl.
Minimotors are the folks that made the Fest Batwings!

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Quote by dipstick:

10 initial run samples which were labelled seperately 5 black / 5 white and in sets with special boxes.

OK! you have my interest! Tell me more about these sets!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Those were the given to a some people who helped put FEST together in 2003. These were not part of the production run but what we call initial samples which we tested paint, reviewed the casting and so forth. We were considering sets like this for the dinner but the cost became too great.

Somewhere on Hollywood Diecast Markhos took a picture and it was published. I can not find it though.

Dip

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the picture BOBB36. I also found more pictures at Hollywood-Diecast.com.
Under: Movie Cars/Batman/Batman Cartoons, Comics & Other Original Bat Vehicles.

Thanks Again!

These are sweet! I wish I had gone to the Fest.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was one of the super lucky W/L Batwing winners.
You should have seen the look on my face as I peeled back the cotton and spotted the White and Flurescent trim. As you folks may know I'm a slot car guy and this would have just collected dust in my basement. I had offers almost immediately for the W/L Batwing. And good money at that! I thought the work Mark went thru to make these and how nobody would ever get to see the Rare Batwing If I had kept it. I tryed to figure where the Batwing would get the most exposure and be kept in a safe but viewable collection. The person I thought would display it prominently and publically was Tom Lowe. We came to a agreement and I left the #66 (I think) W/L Batwing with him in hopes he would display it in the entrance of the JL building as he has what I think is one of every W/L ever made in viewable display cases when you visit. I don't know for sure if it ever made it into the cases or not.
As for the other W/L Batwing it was also won by a Slot car person and he also sat at my dinner table #5 . I did not know the number of his W/L Batwing.

I wish I had taken a picture of it to share with others to see it.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
There is a picture of the set Markhos has of the proto's on Hollywood Diecast somewhere if someone can post the link...PLEASE??? I can not find it but Markhos took a pic of his for the site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts