Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks interesting enough. I gather you're referring to the 1:350 E-A? I see they do DS9 with the Xenoline. With this larger Enterprise, I would imagine it would work. I may purchase some just to see what it looks like on some of the kits I have in stock. I tend to think LightSheet is going to be the way to go on the new E-A (IMO).

Jack :wave:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Amazing how the products we pioneered for the hobby and effects world now keep popping up with the same faces, just different names :jest:

Mike :wave:
LightSheet Systems

·
Registered
255 Posts
Speaking of DS9, I'd love to see a new version of that. The AMT kit was a warped mess on the 3 I tried to build (3 returns on it, the docking ring would never mate properly!) I finally superglued it and it held together for a few years

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got you're e-mail today, and I'm sold on the light sheet. It looks very simple and the price is right.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
I've used Mike's lightsheet on a few applications. It's fun to work with, and you're right: it's pretty simple.

Read the instructions though. The voltage off the inverter is about 80V, enough to be a hazard if you shock yourself.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never had a jolt off of 220 but 110 on more than one day durring work, that numbing fffffffffvvvvvvvvsssssssss sensation is not so pleasent.
how many amps dose the light sheet draw?

·
Registered
466 Posts
grantf said:
never had a jolt off of 220 but 110 on more than one day durring work, that numbing fffffffffvvvvvvvvsssssssss sensation is not so pleasent.
how many amps dose the light sheet draw?
The amps are quite low, but it WILL wake you up in a hurry! Use the same precautions you'd use in any high-voltage application.

·
Registered
877 Posts
grantf said:
what about running lights, the white green aand red blinky ones?
leds?
how?
You might want to check out DLM Parts for the flasher boards he has. Some pretty good stuff. Go to DLMparts.com

Jack

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
fokkerpilot said:
You might want to check out DLM Parts for the flasher boards he has. Some pretty good stuff. Go to DLMparts.com

Jack
Yes, definately! I purchased a kit from DLM that includes navigational and anti-collision lights, just waiting to be put in the 1/350 "E".

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yep, waiting for that big day in October too. I'll need to go down to the County Office for an electrical permit for that one!!! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts