Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video capsule of a lighting I project worked on over the last couple of years.

I originally set out to light the models so that I could capture "box art" photographs of each ship but after experimenting with the different circuit designs the scope and purpose expanded quite a bit. I decided to see how far I could push some of the lighting ideas and how many features I could fit into the models. I was pretty happy with the results although I do think some of it may seem a bit over the top. At the end of the day I have a cool little "twiddle box" that lets me tweak the look anyway I like.

During the project I learned a lot and gathered a fair amount of visual information. I thought I would share some of the process with you guys in hopes that it may give you a few ideas for your own lighted model projects.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the project and comments are welcome. What do you think?

Regards,
Matt

PS A companion video of the ships in action can be found here:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Wow!!! :eek::eek::eek:
What can I say.....
Awesome display of talent & circuitry!
Great job on this Matt!:thumbsup:
-Jim

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Nice variety of lighting.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow!!! :eek::eek::eek:
What can I say.....
Awesome display of talent & circuitry!
Great job on this Matt!:thumbsup:
-Jim
WCIS but... Thanks Jim. :thumbsup: !

These builds were huge fun and the lessons learned will help make for a brighter future.

Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice variety of lighting.
Thanks Tom. "Variety, It's the spice of lighting!" ...so many choices so much time to accomplish... A plus is that I can use each of the four circuits in any blend with the others so there's plenty'o options for different looks :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts