Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a year adapting the Fujimi Spinner, the final thing (!!!) I need to do is light the bubble domes, for which I think I'll need a board with -

- 14 channels for pulsing / breathing light sequences
- Sequences to be of slightly varying speeds
- Board to be max 6cms x 4.5cms

I tried to achieve this by using multiple 555 timers + transistors, but this approach didn't work - the sequences seemed to truncate each other. I've exhausted every avenue, and as a relative noob I would appreciate any advice as to how to achieve the effect I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I can't include links/photos as this is my first post...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
First, I'm embarrassed I've not gotten further on this build, but I'm easly distracted with life and other builds and projects..... I used an Arduino Pro-Mini, it's small and can handle effect very well, plus, once the sketch is loaded the FTDI interface board is removed. I used 0603 SMD LEDs and 33AWG Mag-wire for my effect. I wanted more then just flashing lights, the main globes had to have motion. I hope the photos show what I did well enough for you to get an idea. Go to 1:27 into the video to see the effect I went with.... Please be sure to post your progress, I love WIP photos......:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Teslabe, thanks for your response. Your posts were invaluable when I was starting out on this little project (seems so long ago now...). I spent waay too long trying the old analogue route for lighting effects, but have now ordered some pro mini boards. I don't know why it took me so long to switch - the solution looks so easy in retrospect. Also, thank you for the coated "Mag-Wire" nod - this is the solution to a problem I've had, but just didn't know the correct search term.

I will assemble a WIP history when all is done. Its been almost 100% new information as I went though (This is my first proper build), so my approach looks messy in retrospect. I'm not sure how educational it will be to seasoned modellers. Such an unbelievably unmerciful, unforgiving project. But damn, such a beautiful piece.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts