Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going crazy with ohms & resistors & mA & stuff...
Basically, I just wanna put about 25 blinking white lights into this (approx. 10 in the bubble & 15 in the chest area)-

In the OLD days it was just hook it up & see it light- now, with LED's, I have to be an electrician...:cry:
I resisted asking 'till now, but...

*help*

Do I need resistors?
How do I know what battery can Handle 25 LED's?
Do I connect them in sequence (like one long circuit)?
Does it matter what kind of wire I use?
Can I use flashing LED's & avoid the need for a board?
That kind of stuff.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yes
No
Maybe
Kinda
Sorda
I don't know!

Your best bet is to get up with telsabe (spelling?) He's the LED go to dude.

hal9001

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well heck Chris, I didn't notice that. You could contact him to see when gets some more ready. The kit (pre-built) has all the blinking lights as well as the voice. But, I suppose you read all that.

Like I said it isn't cheap. I think I paid around 80 bucks? But hey, it's B-9! Yeah I splurged for this.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

Good luck with your build. Show pics!

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Chris , send me an e-mail and I'll get you my phone #
It's easy...

we could adapt one of Stan's kit's...size dosent matter ...in this case..
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
LOL, you made me laugh hal!

Let the call go out.

TESLABE!!!!!! HELP!!!!
IMHO, I would get your blinky lights from Randy at voodoofx and if you can wait till I get back from vacation (July 30th) I can help you with the voice/
LED effect and for a lot less then the one mentioned above. It's LED for the voice doesn't track the analog (sound) well at all and for that price it should......:freak: Watch the video of my small B-9s and see how the LED is controlled by the actual analog sound file, not by a peice of code that only approximates the voice. All I could do was roll my eyes when I first saw what
$93.00 gets you......:rolleyes: Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like and we can talk more

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
And here is the one I did for my 13" Robby, notice how spot-on the LED is when it's the analog that drives it......:thumbsup: This is with less then $20.00 worth of parts, not bad, right......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts