Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some uses for lighter fluid for motors, can u use it for comm drops or to clean the motors, and if you use it for comm drops is it compareable to like trinity drops or others? :confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hillbilly tune-up...

Got some oil on the comm of your pancake car? Flood the comm with lighter fluid and give it a 1 second blast of full power. Repeat, then blow dry the excess lighter fluid. Oil (carefully!) and resume racing. :dude:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Works great in my Zippo!! Though it evaporates fairly fast, I wouldn't use it on anything that sparks, like brushes in a running slot car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Works for me...

Works great in my Zippo!! Though it evaporates fairly fast, I wouldn't use it on anything that sparks, like brushes in a running slot car.
Been using "tune-up in a can" since the mid '60s. Works just as well on inlines as it does on pancakes. :thumbsup: The key is to get rid of any excess after the second blast before you go back to racing.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
A 50%-50% lighter fluid/ WD 40 mixture is a good comm drops solution. works great for drag cars ( 1/24th scale) or Ho stuff too. Never had a fire yet.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

A 50%-50% lighter fluid/ WD 40 mixture is a good comm drops solution. works great for drag cars ( 1/24th scale) or Ho stuff too. Never had a fire yet.
Clyde-0-Mite
thanks that's what i was kinda thinking, because ive seen some guy's 1/24 drag racing, that was using straight lighter fluid on comms and said it was equivalent to the voodoo drops, i was too scared to use it. i was asking because i was looking for a cheaper solution other than trinity black death drops for rc cars, thats what im using for rc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts