Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Stupid question time.

On the PL 350 Refit kit, the interior of the nacels (clear piece) has a few raised areas.

How is the damn thing actually lighted....

are the thin (low) areas the actual lighted part

or...

are the fat (raised) areas the lighted part

On Federation Models there is Potoetched part that covers the raised areas.
Most documentation that I have seen and downloaded doesn't really answer this.

Thanx

·
Registered
382 Posts
The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

The narrow (recessed) part is where the light comes from. It looks fatter onscreen because of the glow/camera effect.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great, masking shouldn't be too hard an issue.

I also noticed that the light effect doesn't go all the way down. It stops just after the pylons.

Thanks for the info

RECON

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was my next question...

a couple of picks when the camera is not looking directly on the lights look purple, and the raised areas (when the nacels are off) got that purple sheen like from a Marks-a-lot when used on metal.

Thanks again

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't it be nice if we could find the guys who actually built the damn thing to answer all the great questions. I bet they could write a book...I'd buy it.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
It showed up as purple in some studio shots that were released prior to the movie(the most famous one shot from the rear showing the inside grilles).

However, when the ship was filmed for the movie it showed up as blue on the screen in every onscreen f/x shot I've seen.

When they redid the f/x for the directors version that became the DVD version there is no question it was blue.

But having said that, to each their own. If you prefer purple, there is a company that sells CCFTubes that can be switched between both purple and blue.

That way, if you think you like it purple - switch it to purple.
If you suddenly decide that blue was indeed what you like - switch it to blue.

Do a search on purple CCFT's and you should find the thread and entry with a link to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts