Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started collecting for my son and started doing the Light blue 2020 Mattel. There is 250 of them but highly number I found is 49? Does the dark blue and light go together or am I missing something?

·
Administrator
37,152 Posts
Welcome to the diecast world @Robertjfallon!

And its quirks!

2020 was a year of other shipping and distribution delays so it may really be confusing to a brand new collector - like you and your son!

The first thing to know is that Hot Wheels and Matchbox like the big 1:1 cars actually start distributing their 2021 models in September of the year before.

Brand new models for Hot Wheels mainlines will have circle logo in the flame that say new for 2021 but the other castings that have been released before will not. The copyright date on the back of the blister package will also lag behind by year as well. But not for the premium line ups.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts