Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Looks great! Not over done and has a real nice stance. :thumbsup:
I'll drive the other Blazer and we can do some wheelin back there on the trails. You will pull me out right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nailed it! Great to see someone finally do something with this great release.
Few people realize this decal scheem was an unusual FACTORY option!
It was available (similar designs) on other Shivvy vehicles as well, like the El Camino.
Hopefully JL will get on track and start producing interesting stuff again.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
great job. i just got this one and a few others at big lots. all jl priced at 3 bucks

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Waaaay better! Thanks for the original decal info Lummox, seem to recall seeing those (I didn't care for them, I never liked geometric graphics) but, great to know someone at JL is getting Chevy history right :thumbsup:. The 80's Chevelle, gag! :drunk:

A Q, does the topper come off of the Blazer?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, Thanks guys for all the great comments!

Lummox, your the man! I did not know that this was a factory option. I found a picture of the real deal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done, how did you lift this? Lifting diecast is always something I've tried to master
Thanks,

I remove the axles and wheels. I buy plastic tubes from Plastruct and cut them to length or you can use empty ink pen cartridges. Then I superglue them to the base of the truck after I file the the differentials down that are molded on the bases.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I still have dealer brouchers I got at the Chevy dealer up the road when I was 8 or so that has pictures of this option...way on the back page. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts