Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these for single cell racing? How are they working? Anything extra needed to make them work? It says they are already at the proper voltage, does this mean no BEC is needed?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I personally have not tried them, but heard good things about them from the nitro guys in the area.

they're the right voltage (6.6V) so you don't have to worry about damaging a servo if you don't run a regulator. Plus you can run them completely dead and they won't start on fire like a lipo

·
Registered
659 Posts
Jim,
U making a come back racing again? The LiFe packs are great for single cell racing. I've got them in all 3 of my cars. Can go a whole night with out recharging them. We figure you use about 30 MA a run. And there 280 MA. So your good for the night. They are great cause there light and small and come with switch and everything on them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dave I ordered a bottle of traction compound-- order conformed have seen or heard nothing--I guess they lost It because I sent e-mail -nothing or no responce????????????

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
epic I balance charges life pack..."him" says so!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We've been using them for past 6 weeks,charging in 2cell mode,they have been working great. Just ordered Li fe pack for the 4pk..

·
Registered
598 Posts
So, now the question is, which charger is most practical? Epic or Thunder Power? Any feedback?
I have not used the Epic, so I can't comment there. I have two of the Thunder Power units and they are pretty awesome.

Very small, lightweight, and really simple to use. They also just put out a firmware update last week so they will charge to 4.22v/8.44v in competition mode. You can set 25 (I think it is) memory modes on so switching between charges for single cell, receiver pack, etc. is really quick and easy.

My only drawback to the TP units, is that it can get fairly warm and there is no cooling unit made into it. I haven't noticed a single problem with them overheating, but they do get hot to the touch when charging at 10amps.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts