Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
I always thought that thread was just another wish-list, and a bit of fun. I got some stick for saying so.

Lets hope in 12 months from now we see some changes, but I have seen before, and said in the thread, how these companies seem to go out of their way to ingnore enthusiasts. A shame.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lets hope in 12 months from now we see some changes, but I have seen before, and said in the thread, how these companies seem to go out of their way to ingnore enthusiasts. A shame.
Not really...what you guys desire does not translate into constant sales, not enough to justify the cost of lic, other fees and production.....

Lets face it's not enough of us to generate the sales they would need..if we had the same constant numbers like they have in HO Scale Trains we would see some serious exotic stuff....

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
Not really...what you guys desire does not translate into constant sales, not enough to justify the cost of lic, other fees and production.....

Lets face it's not enough of us to generate the sales they would need..if we had the same constant numbers like they have in HO Scale Trains we would see some serious exotic stuff....
I guess AW is just scraping by with all their muscle car licenses then? :freak:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
At least they have a few things other than NASCARS going on. If the '10 Mustang and Camaro are available outside of buying a whole set, Ill pick em up. They have Nomad bodystyles from the Snap-On set, where are the loose versions of those?

LL shoots themselves in the foot a lot by offering so many cool cars only in sets. I mean, thats fine to buy the set to get the cars if youre starting from scratch, but any car in a set should be available by itself or in a twinpak.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I got a hunch if they're selling the new railroad crossing, they will need to sell street cars for their use. I don't recall any railroad crossings at any NASCAR track. The Camaro and Mustang are a good start. Come on Walthers!!! Use some common sense!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Wasn't the point of the thread...

...what you guys desire does not translate into constant sales, not enough to justify the cost of lic, other fees and production.....
The criteria to contribute was not "tell us only what we want to hear... and while you're at it make sure it's a financial homerun"... If that was the case we probably coulda cut to the chase a heck of a lot sooner. Thankfully though, as resourceful as us HT slottards are, it did become (and remains still) a real lot of thoughtful suggestions and opinions ... shared among friends on this board. Whether they were even considered is academic at this point... It was still well worth batting around.... nd

;) We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams ... Willy Wonka

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Yeah, and hanging around with the Lee sisters aint gonna generate sales either... If thats "LifeLike"...I'm seriously considering suicide.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
LL shoots themselves in the foot a lot by offering so many cool cars only in sets. I mean, thats fine to buy the set to get the cars if youre starting from scratch, but any car in a set should be available by itself or in a twinpak.
Walthers may have done away with set-only cars. Except for the Snap-On Nomad set, I don't think they had any set-only cars in the last 2 years. I am positive that the entire 2009 lineup was available as singles or in a twinpack.

The first few years after the takeover was tough as there were variations floating all over the place. However, 2009 was a calm year. If they continue to release everything as singles/twins, that would be great.

I think the last non-NASCAR cars to appear as set only were the generic pickups (smash and crash), Chargers, Mustangs and Civics. And a pair of set only skateboarders. Each of these had their own set.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joe - Didn't you have contact with a person in the know at Walthers? If so, when are they planning to release the NEW 2010 NASCAR COT body style... with a spoiler, NOT a wing?

Please LMK if you already have pics. I'd be interested to see exactly what has changed on the body.

Thanks.
Russ

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Joe - Didn't you have contact with a person in the know at Walthers? If so, when are they planning to release the NEW 2010 NASCAR COT body style... with a spoiler, NOT a wing?

Please LMK if you already have pics. I'd be interested to see exactly what has changed on the body.

Thanks.
Russ
My "contact" within Lifelike is actually one of the members of our board, who shall remain behind the curtain unless he chooses to reveal himself. I have had no conversations with him about the 2010 lineup.

In my last conversation with him, he indicated that his contact within Walthers has left. I don't know where this leaves him or our only direct line into Walthers. Time will tell.

Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Well done on the spoiler mod. My guess is that the production orders are queued up far enough in advance to expect at least one round of winged cars. Maybe they will follow up with spoilered versions of the same bodies. That would be kinda of cool, as would bringing in some more of the Toyotas and fixing the chin on the Ford.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts