Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: The main body appears to have the shape of an STP gas treatment bottle.The conning tower off a modern sub.The wings off modern fighter jets.The engines could be fabricated.HHmmmmm.Does anyone want to give a shot at this idea?If you do give us some details on the building process.Maybe some of us could give a crack at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which sub would you choose for the sail? Do you think you can decontaminate the oil bottle completely? I guess you know about what has been happening with this subject elsewhere. I can't be specific without sort of promoting a competing website, but I guess you can email me if you don't know what I mean. I guess it doesn't matter what jet you use for the wings. What do you think of the idea of using a Defiant for the bottle hull section?

·
Registered
232 Posts
A Defiant hull section might be a better idea then using a bottle . the tower from the Seaview or another sub could be used for the tower with little work. There's no reason why you can't mention Starship Modeler's site as there are plenty of members here that are on there such as myself. There has to be at least 6 threads about the Leif Erickson going on. I already have 5 of the Glow in the dark UFO Mystery Ship models and if your lucky they can be found on eBay from time to time in used and like new condition. Expect to pay anywhere from $30.00 to $500.00 Depending on which version it is and condition of the kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow you have had good results collecting this vessel. Ok I won't worry about mentioning the other site from now on. The Seaview does seem like a pretty good choice. Since I often keep completed models in or near my sleeping/eating bay here in the crypt/bunker I hesitate to use materials with any automotive contamination on them. I figure glue and paint will do me for toxicity, unless I'm mistaken.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I get home from camp....

:wave: I will try to start my own scratchbuild.I will use the orange degreaser to clean it.I will first soak it in dawn, it takes grease out of your way.Who knows maybe a hybrid could be built.Let us let our imagination run wild. :thumbsup: We can create an armada of the SSC fleet.who is in?

improvise,adapt,and overcome.we are the fellowship of modelers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Molasar said:
Wow you have had good results collecting this vessel. Ok I won't worry about mentioning the other site from now on. The Seaview does seem like a pretty good choice. Since I often keep completed models in or near my sleeping/eating bay here in the crypt/bunker I hesitate to use materials with any automotive contamination on them. I figure glue and paint will do me for toxicity, unless I'm mistaken.

I forgot to mention that I had four of them previously from way back that I kept for years and then sold 3 of them for very low prices and found out I could have gottten far more for them. Tha last one I turned into something of a Next Generation Space Shuttle By using an Ariane 5 and the Leif Erickson/UFO kit. It's currently undergoing a bit of a touch up. the picture is from last years Wonderfest

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow

:cool: That is a cool pic.I hope I will be able to build to that calibur.I want to start scratching a Leif hybrid.I hope it turns out ok.I have been informed by you guys on the history of this kit.thank you.

improvise,adapt,and overcome.we are the fellowship of modelers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts