Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago Liberty Promotions announced that the next car was delayed until August. Went to check today and kept getting messages that the site was not available. Anyone have any info.
Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Yep it s His and hers Sturgis Drag Bus with custom Chopper - Hot Wheels of course - ! per previous Liberty customer only

half on internet and half by phone... not sure if they sold out, but I bet they did

Rob

·
Registered
151 Posts
robmcin said:
Yep it s His and hers Sturgis Drag Bus with custom Chopper - Hot Wheels of course - ! per previous Liberty customer only

half on internet and half by phone... not sure if they sold out, but I bet they did

Rob
Wasn't sold out when I called at 11:30 this morning -- got a great customer rep too named Andrew -- a one-man comedy show!

R4

·
Registered
231 Posts
VW WL Collector: Liberty Promotions sells out every VW Drag Bus within the first 10 mins of their release. The HW's collectors and scalpers buy them in bulk and clean house..before the doors to the house are ever really open. Your best bet is to go shopping for one of the latest VW's on Ebay in November/December. You should be able to get your hands on one then..and for a decent price..the hype should be dead by then :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
lenny said:
Buy one of their lame Tiger Wheels Mavericks which are still for sale...
i dont want those and dont have money to throw at things im not wanting im broke as it is

also as to them selling out they need to make a limit to stop scalpers i mean i really want those cars for me to have not for profit i think if ur juswt gonna sell it in a few days let the real people buy it ,,, but liberty stops that cazz they wont let you since everything in the past was sold out to fast to scalpers so u couldnt get any and ur not an existing customer

i think there prices are already high im not gonna go through ebay even after they go down cazz id be supporting the scalpers the liberty is catering to

i just emailed this to the people at liberty...lets see if i get a reply

ive been looking on liberty promotions for over a year now but never been able to order one car im a vw collector and anything vw i like it always says must be existing customer how can i be one when i cant order cazz im not one??? and cars also sell out so fast there should be 1 per person limit on any cars made you get scalpers buying in bulk and scalping them on ebay that isnt fair to real collectors like myself cazz then i cant get one im not paying ebay prices and i cant get them at retail cazz im not a existing customer so i cant buy anything good i want

tell me why is this messed up like this?

and will something be done to change things or should i just quit trying for the past year ive just wasted time being there right when it starts hit order and ur not an existing customer it says then im screwed and it sells out and goes for 100'S on ebay like the red blue wing busses kruzinwagon busses dallas busses now this latest joke/promotion the sturgis bus and theres more the list goes on

so tell me should i just give up save the frustration and not try or what?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Offer of Sturgis VWBusses started at 3central time...Tried at 8et///could not access site.Curious since incomplete info,no pics, no price...so I got of their mailing list NOt worth the aggravation. Tody they were sold out????????HMMMMM.What a "shady" way to do business.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
kanabrew said:
Offer of Sturgis VWBusses started at 3central time...Tried at 8et///could not access site.Curious since incomplete info,no pics, no price...so I got of their mailing list NOt worth the aggravation. Tody they were sold out????????HMMMMM.What a "shady" way to do business.

sure seems they dont value customers doesnt it

R

·
0 Posts
Ummmm actually Liberty does limit these low number releases to 1 per customer/address so they can't limit them too much more can they???

R

·
0 Posts
kanabrew said:

Gary,

If you are looking to buy one of the VW Drag busses, you cannot go 5 hours after they open up sales and expect to get one. I believe every one of them has sold out with 1/2 an hour. I got my email complete with pics and all info. The only surprise was the price which, since it is a VW Drag Bus and a Chopper was about the regular price for the Drag Busses $38 for the set (1 Drag Bus and 1 Chopper)

R

·
0 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
i dont want those and dont have money to throw at things im not wanting im broke as it is

also as to them selling out they need to make a limit to stop scalpers i mean i really want those cars for me to have not for profit i think if ur juswt gonna sell it in a few days let the real people buy it ,,, but liberty stops that cazz they wont let you since everything in the past was sold out to fast to scalpers so u couldnt get any and ur not an existing customer so for the next one

i think there prices are already high im not gonna go through ebay even after they go down cazz id be supporting the scalpers the liberty is catering to

i just emailed this to the people at liberty...lets see if i get a reply

ive been looking on liberty promotions for over a year now but never been able to order one car im a vw collector and anything vw i like it always says must be existing customer how can i be one when i cant order cazz im not one??? and cars also sell out so fast there should be 1 per person limit on any cars made you get scalpers buying in bulk and scalping them on ebay that isnt fair to real collectors like myself cazz then i cant get one im not paying ebay prices and i cant get them at retail cazz im not a existing customer so i cant buy anything good i want

tell me why is this messed up like this?

and will something be done to change things or should i just quit trying for the past year ive just wasted time being there right when it starts hit order and ur not an existing customer it says then im screwed and it sells out and goes for 100'S on ebay like the red blue wing busses kruzinwagon busses dallas busses now this latest joke/promotion the sturgis bus and theres more the list goes on

so tell me should i just give up save the frustration and not try or what?
You say you really want the VW's, yet you are not willing to make one simple purchase of something else to be able to have the chance to get one??? Liberty gives the chance for limiteds to those that are regular customers of their less popular cars, not the people who only want the primo pieces. I say good for them.

Lenny... I like the Maverick, its a pretty cool car, I have one of ech I like them so much. Different cars for different people, I wouldn't give you a nickle for a Zinger, but there are a lot of people who love them, huh?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts