Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, whats the deal on putting a li-po pack on the reciever, i have ask this question to many many people and some people say most recievers will handle up to 9.6 volts and i have heard that 6.8 is the absolute limit. i have a spektrum s3000 on my 8ight t and dont really want to buy another reciever, does anybody have any hard core proof that this reciever can handle 7.4 volts? any help is appreciated
josh

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I would call Brain at SMC they make rec packs. he could probally give you the best answer.
Or go on the Oval thread ther is alot of discusion about Lipo stuff on ther.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I believe all Spektrum Rx's are good to 9v. The Rx that comes with the DX3r, DX3s, and thier airplane radio can handle 2S Lipo no problem.

Friend of mine runs a DX3r lipo unregulated.

Spektrum, KO Propo, and Hitec all have lipo ready recievers.

I'm running a Hitec Synth FM Rx and 2 7955 servos unregulated on a Flightpower 1000mah 2S1P lipo battery.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
i had a sr3000 receiver and it was in my pancar, was running 1 cell tryed to run 2cell lipo and smoked my booster, dint hurt receiver though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
they do make a voltage regulator for them but i think mainly it is the servos that can't handle the voltage only a couple servo manufactures make a servo that can handle the voltage without having the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I run a voltage reg. on mine to be safe. I have spektrum SR3000 receiver w/ AE servos, too much money to experiment. One suggestion, because I F'd this up, make sure the regulator is between the switch and the receiver and not the battery and switch. The castle regulator has a small LED light that drained my pack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run a regulator on mine too, but yes the Specrums ar good up to 9volts. That being said, it doesnt mean your servo's will do OK with the extra voltage. I tried my 94358 with unregulated lipo and man did it MOVE!!!!! But I did not keep it that way cause I'm cheap and dont wanna buy new ones,LOL

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hitec 7955, 7950, and 7940 servos will handle 2cell lipo easy. They are desighned for it.

Ko has some servos that can as well, but Hitecs are better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts