Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to say that thanks to yours truly bugging them, my lhs, (which isnt big on genre kits), has a few moebius kits on order.
naturally, whatever it is they bring in, naturally i am going to buy 1 or 2, just to encourage them to stock more.
(i see the same old kits there week in week out. they seem to be one of those places that doenst believe in putting their poor sellers on sale and clearing them out to make room for something that will sell. as a result, the kit aisle is full of no-sale dogs, and the owner thinks "kits dont sell for me, so why should i stock new ones?".)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
That is great news!
I am fortunate that my LHS has ordered every Moebius kit issued (also carried the Pegasus kits and is beginning to stock some resin ones).
I buy from him rather than on-line. It costs more, but he needs the support and watching them move off the shelves wil encourage him to keep on ordering more.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Oh, that's always a good feeling to get a kit on the shelf. Great job pestering! :thumbsup:

Fortunantly the two shops I frequent have good selections of Moebius & other sci-fi kits. I always get down there when I can to help support them.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
They are pretty good sellers. I just got in more Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and mini Flying Sub and robot kits this morning. The trick (for me) is not to get too many of any one kit. I don't have many sci fi type customers. Of all of the Moebius kits, the horror/monster figures do the best. I have probably sold more Dr. Jekyll's than any other similar kit over the last year or so.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd like to support my lhs more but as a Hobbytown the prices are bust out retail. I do buy all my supplies there but if I can save big $ at Culttvman I'm going to do it. Unfortunetly even with shipping they come in at least $10/ kit more.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
...(i see the same old kits there week in week out. they seem to be one of those places that doenst believe in putting their poor sellers on sale and clearing them out to make room for something that will sell. as a result, the kit aisle is full of no-sale dogs, and the owner thinks "kits dont sell for me, so why should i stock new ones?".)
Sounds like a retail museum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sigh... my LHS happens to be Hobby Lobby. No sign of Moebius or Pegasus yet. What's the deal? Guess it's time for another long drive to Toledo or Columbus.

Rogue

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a retail museum. :rolleyes:
oh yeah.
y'know he hadnt even heard of moebius or monarch till i mentioned them. basically i had to rave about the parts fit and quality before he paid any attention, and if the local distributor hadnt carried them, i dont think he would have bothered.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Razor, I live in the Detroit area and plenty of LHS stock mobius, where you at? maybe i could help you out

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Im not convinced that online is always cheaper. For example, most places work like this... they sell a $10 kit for $9... but postage is $8.50 Even inf the $10 kit were 40% off so it cost $6 it still is more expensive with shipping. Granted if you don't have a local shop, mail order is the place to go. I live in a dinky retirement city but there are still 3 shops in town aside from my own shop that sell Moebius kits. Hobbytown, the local game store and the local comic shop sell them.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The online places I was buying from usually sell a retail $35 kit for $25 plus shipping. Buy more than one kit and combine on shipping, you end up saving money. Buy one kit and it costs around the same as retail.

A very few months ago I found a local shop here will match the lowest online price for kits (only) that I can find that isn't a clearance sale, so I have begun buying local again. With sales tax it's still much cheaper than full retail. The way styrene kits have jumped up in price the last year, the savings are a big decision factor. That's why the other good hobby shops here do not get my model kit business.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Stopped by the local Hobbytown and they carried Moebius kits. They had the big Seaview for $104.00, but no big FS1. They can order it and for no extra cost for $54.00, which is the lowest I have seen, even on line with the added savings of no S&H. The big Seaview I have seen cheaper on line, even with the added S&H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts