Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read the Motormax board, you'll see Mark's post about the charity cars not selling. So, let me ask you this, being that the car is not a Johnny Lightning, and is a Motormax, does this affect you buying them?

Both the Fest Pace car and Charity Cars are very limited runs, and the first for this company. Red tires, custom graphics, the works, and they will be on a sealed card. I don't see what they aren't selling. Please, give me your thoughts.

Gerald
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
Speaking only for myself, I ordered both sets, but the main reason was to support the charity and the hard work of Mark and others who put on this show. I prefer JL's over Fresh Cherries. I don't collect any Fresh Cherries. And I've never been to a Fest, but I've read enough to know it's an enjoyable experience and deserves to be continued. I just think JL's are more detailed and are of better quality. Plus the Vega isn't the most desirable casting around. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see them and start collecting FC's!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,340 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
Mark will work with you on the budget part
wow, feel like I'm at a car dealer!:lol:

another personel opinion... wish the fresh cherries would go away...they and thier selection of casts do nothing for me.

..and, do they think they can do any cast, any company and then cry when not many people buy it? just because it's for a charity? ..so if they made a piece of dog-crap with wheels.. just because it's 'highly detailed'...a 'limited run'..and 'for charity'...everyone should buy it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pablodragon said:
wow, feel like I'm at a car dealer!:lol:

another personel opinion... wish the fresh cherries would go away...they and thier selection of casts do nothing for me.

..and, do they think they can do any cast, any company and then cry when not many people buy it? just because it's for a charity? ..so if they made a piece of dog-crap with wheels.. just because it's 'highly detailed'...a 'limited run'..and 'for charity'...everyone should buy it?
Maybe Motormax is making it, but Fest is designing it and selling it, motormax has no sales in this matter. I appreciate your thoughts. Without these sales, there will be no Fest, and from what I'm gathering, people don't give a darn about fest unless they can get castings they can sell for a lot of money. I guess I was wrong about most of the people that came to fest, thought they were there for the company and fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,695 Posts
Here are my reasons in no particular order:
1. I don't collect Fresh Cherries.
2. I don't care for the castings of the 2 cars.
3. I don't attend Fest and probably never will.
4. I can't afford to spend money on something I don't like even though it's for charity.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rlyoung1 said:
Here are my reasons in no particular order:
1. I don't collect Fresh Cherries.
2. I don't care for the castings of the 2 cars.
3. I don't attend Fest and probably never will.
4. I can't afford to spend money on something I don't like even though it's for charity.
That's what I'm looking for, thank you.

If it was a JL Camaro, would you buy it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,588 Posts
well the sale of the cars came quick and i didnt exspect that. and i've got my money tied up till april.
but hey guys fc is trying it's best to bring good quality and good looking cars to us and you have to admit thay are listening to us and trying to bring to the table cars we like. and thay even come to the board.
i love jl cars dont get me wrong but when a company bends over backward for the people. i think we should show some support and see where it leads. it might suprize us all. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
I owned a Vega in college that I tricked out (yeah I know - I was young and stupid) - that's why I bought 'em. If I didn't own one, I still might have bought them cuz they're different, but I"m weird like that. :drunk:

Plus its for a good cause...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
I ordered 2 sets and a chase of the pace car MUSTANG, they look really cool, but the Vega does nothing for me, sorry, but I don't see myself buying these just for the charity. I think if I had the avenue for a LOGO on the car, I would have done that this year, and made the purchase, but my skills on this is limited. Last years charity cars were JL Mustangs :thumbsup: , so I picked up a set and got a BWF too, I love them.
I donated last year at FEST, and will be doing the same this year with a box of cars for the sale Rob had, and I am sure will have again this year.
As far as FC, well they are "OK" but not a JL. I am fairly limited to my collecting , HW and other brands just don't turn me on like a JL, although FCs are not a bad car for the price, but heck they only put out 2 castings I like. I have been downsizing my stuff and I am left with only 3 HW(3 mustang hunts) and a couple FC Gremlins and the 2 mustangs they put out to date.
my $.02

BILL :dude:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I have ordered set of both. I know for a LOT of people it is the timing. If it isn't already Spring Break (as it is here) it is rapidly approaching. Another factor is that there are others going to the HotWheels Nationals in a couple of weeks and they are saving money for that.

Basically, you can't please everyone and generally, you can't even please most people with either choice of cars, color, tampos, packaging, wheels, etc.

While many people do go to the Fest for company and fun, there is a significant expence involved in the trip and it is nice to be able to recoup part of that through sales of the souveniors. I know that I quit attending the Hot Wheels Nationals because of the expense although the people were usually lots of fun to hang out with.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting on an event like the AutoFest and will do what I can to support it.
 

·
Atomic Punk
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
Without these sales, there will be no Fest, and from what I'm gathering, people don't give a darn about fest unless they can get castings they can sell for a lot of money. I guess I was wrong about most of the people that came to fest, thought they were there for the company and fun.
I attended my first Lightning Fest last year and had a blast. I purchased pretty much all of the castings that I could and out of the generosity of others, I got the ones I couldn't buy. I still have most of the castings that I got and the ones I don't have either were given away as prizes of contests or given to my secret Santa recipient.

I did go to meet other fellow collectors and I mainly collect JL's. I only wish I could have met more of the HT guys that were there. I keep hearing of others that went that I did not meet. If only we all had HT nametags.

If I didn't caravan with 3 others and share a room with others, I would not have been able to attend last year. With that being said, I will probably not be able to attend this year either.

As far as buying this years castings, as I mentioned earlier, I mainly collect JL's. I have not been compelled to purchase this years castings for that very reason. If I were going to be attending Fest and taking advantage of all that is offered there I would be more inclined to purchase the cars. That is why I bought all that I did last year. Because I was there and wanted to do my part to help pay for an event I was participating in. If some extra loot turns up, I may buy a set of the charity cars but I won't feel bad if I do not buy any either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
Maybe Motormax is making it, but Fest is designing it and selling it, motormax has no sales in this matter. I appreciate your thoughts. Without these sales, there will be no Fest, and from what I'm gathering, people don't give a darn about fest unless they can get castings they can sell for a lot of money. I guess I was wrong about most of the people that came to fest, thought they were there for the company and fun.
I will be going to FEST this year for the FUN AND COMPANY of all the great people I met over the years. Customs, Racing, room to room, Dinner, LOTS OF FUN for me.
Now do I understand correctly, the charity car sales has a determining factor on weather or not Fest will happen? I remember going to many FESTs and no charity car was involved.
I also purchased a set of the "lost fest cars" to support this year.
As far as the dollar cars not being around as a SALE, oh well, this helped me in the past finding gap fillers but now my gaps are almost full.

another $.02
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BLUUBUDDAH said:
I will be going to FEST this year for the FUN AND COMPANY of all the great people I met over the years. Customs, Racing, room to room, Dinner, LOTS OF FUN for me.
Now do I understand correctly, the charity car sales has a determining factor on weather or not Fest will happen? I remember going to many FESTs and no charity car was involved.
I also purchased a set of the "lost fest cars" to support this year.
As far as the dollar cars not being around as a SALE, oh well, this helped me in the past finding gap fillers but now my gaps are almost full.

another $.02
If they don't sell, someone has to pay for them. We are not getting them for free. At this point FEST IS ON!!!!! Bring it on baby!!!!!!!! I'm ready!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
I don't believe its about the company itself, but more of the castings themselves, sure the vega is a cool car, but not everyone collects them.

As stated you can't appease everyone with every casting. Thats why even some LF castings are hard to sell, while others go for (very, like recently $500+) big money.

If I had the $$$ I would by one just for the limited availabilty of them, but its not a priority in my casting i collect (now if it was an oldsmobile be a different stort)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,588 Posts
well i have not been able to attend any fest but have done customs for charity
i hope to make this years but only time will tell.
mark if you can wait till the first week of april i will buy 1 set. e-mail me and let me know thanks for all you have done mark.
ps those ferios are cool and the vega looks good over at motor max site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
If you read the Motormax board, you'll see Mark's post about the charity cars not selling. So, let me ask you this, being that the car is not a Johnny Lightning, and is a Motormax, does this affect you buying them?

Both the Fest Pace car and Charity Cars are very limited runs, and the first for this company. Red tires, custom graphics, the works, and they will be on a sealed card. I don't see what they aren't selling. Please, give me your thoughts.

Gerald
I am not going to be at fest this year again. (Wedding) I did buy a couple sets of the pace cars and I also won an auction for a set of lost fest cars. I have'nt really thought about the other cars. With the Wedding comming up I am really not paying much attention to diecast , with the exception of some toppers/reddlines I've purchased. :(
WELLLL HOWDY DOO.
I am mistaken I thought the fest was in July, there may be a chance I can go this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Pablodragon said:
wow, feel like I'm at a car dealer!:lol:

another personel opinion... wish the fresh cherries would go away...they and thier selection of casts do nothing for me.

..and, do they think they can do any cast, any company and then cry when not many people buy it? just because it's for a charity? ..so if they made a piece of dog-crap with wheels.. just because it's 'highly detailed'...a 'limited run'..and 'for charity'...everyone should buy it?
"They" is me. Everyone has an opinion and believe it or not I even value yours. This show is a growth and continuation of one year to the next. There is no white Olds without the first orange Charger. There is no white tired Camaro without the white based Batmobile. They all depended on one to get to the other. If a company paid for it all it would be a different story I guess. We all knew what has been happening in the hobby and I guess when you don't have what you once did and you look around at a bunch of unhappy collectors, simply index your reply and see why. Honestly everytime I picked a JL Camaro I got hits becasue we were not creative. We still have JL castings as part of the show but now we also offer distinction and if you value castings that are:

numbered
made in the quantity they said they would make
exclusive to the show
cutting edge
models no other company makes
and on and on, give these a chance.

Nobody is asking to give anything up in fact we want to promote the continuation of all brands. I don't know where this mind set off us vs. them came from but it's a shame that's for sure.
 
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top