Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This particular bodystyle remains as a real favorite of mine. With their long hoods, swooping front fenders that merge into the front doors, and graceful roofs, slopebacks are classics of a special breed. There are not many diecasts of them, though, and that is too bad. Jada has done some with their homies and lowriders, but overall, other brands have produced very few, if any.

I suppose the big Buick Roadmaster slopeback that adorns this month's wall calender inspired me to photograph MotorMax's 1/24 scale 1948 Chevrolet Aerosedan Fleetline. The doors don't open and the engine compartment is quite simple, yet this model's basic simplicity still brings back a lot of fond memories when the slopebacks were quite commonplace. Just wish there were more diecasts of these made.

Let's see some slopebacks! Post them up!

Thanks for looking.......

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
That is just beautiful! I love the older cars. The only one I have that comes close is the '41 Chevy Special Deluxe but the top is down.
Great photo's too :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Or maybe the '33 Silver Arrow

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob8748, that '33 Pierce Arrow is a great model. Picked up one a few months ago in the exact color scheme. The older cars do have an intrinsic charm about them that is so mesmerizing.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i think the reason why is that now they are making them from computers faster and easier... but a lot of the new cars look good only in certain angles, and ugly in a lot of others... instead of good in all angles. (youd think that that wouldn't happen)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts