Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....you know, how you're collection looks up on your shelves. I'm about to redo mine. I recently moved my computer setup into my dining room and am letting my toys take full reign of my second bedroom. I'm going to put up shelves above my computer desk in the dining room to exclusively showcase only my models (no other toys). Here's a pick of my toyroom taken about 4 months ago (gotta take some new pics). Most of my models currently reside on the 4th shelf down from the top.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks awesome John!
So far I've managed to confine everything to one room, but the disease is spreading.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice layout DG!
I want to light my stuff somehow.
The ultimate would be horizontal glass cases with lighting.....
since I started building monster models a couple years back, I've only built 23 models so far. But 23 models takes up some wall space if you don't want them crowded.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Only four models actually finished, but here's a page w/my shelves - updated just last night:

http://members.aol.com/griffyards/GriffsBench_SEP06_Page4.html

When I get back from this next Deployment, I'm going to get serious about finishing up the bulk of those models. I think I'll start w/my Klingons that are nearly finished, tho. Most of those just need decals at this point.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Shelves

Hey guys,

You must have really understanding other halves! My wife complaines about my small collection taking up too much room. I only have 7 figures and 10 planes :cry:

ochronosis - UK

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Exactly! The best duster that I've found is a 3/8" flat-headed, blender brush (this works excellent on Aurora monster models). But it's got to be very, very soft (so as to not break off fragile little pieces of your model). This works great. I just dusted about 8 of my models off weeks ago and they look newly painted. Better than a can of air!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts