Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all these nicely painted and done up custom cars, that I love, but I never see anybody trying to make them look like crap. I've always wanted to do a junkyard dio. including "making" rusty, smashed, crushed and just plain junk cars for it. So, I thought it might be fun to see what many of you have come up with as well as some advice on creating the yard or the cars.

So lets see 'em!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Very nice! I see some others there in the back ground. Works in progress or done?
I'm in Gray about a mile from the Windham line.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts

I only did the dioramas and photos, all the cars in my post are by John O'Riely (Stupid Squirrels Customs). I have so many wonderful peices of his work, with much more detail (i.e. body damage, window signs, mis-matched wheels, ect) but these were in my photo-bucket already.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
The only junker I ever made is a replica of my first car, a '69 Beetle. I bought it for a hundred bucks from some hippies, choveled the 1/2" of dirt out of it and then put a couple hundred into the engine. I drove it for a year-and-a-half before getting rid of it. This is about how it looked the day I sold it. These pics are junk. If I get the chance today I will post new ones.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep 'em coming guys! These are great! :thumbsup:

69stang - Great work on the dios & I love that Charger!!
zeb41 - Good job on that bug & i hope to see more pics of it!
snowowl - the Thing & Chevy PU are awesome! And I'm not hating that "old" police car either! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
you can find more here by doing a search on junk yard dogs or dio junkyards

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Here's some I did for friends.

Here's one that's headed to the yard after being trashed in a banger race over on Swifty's board.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
The junkyard dog gunn built and gave me.

I have updated the yard a little. Will try and get new pic posted.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Small changes inlude hanging the wheels on the building, electric wire and air compressor with hose.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Its fun to play with, and store used parts.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i never get tired of seeing this junk yard. cant wait to finish mine. thanks mars

1 - 20 of 49 Posts