Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as a oval racer i have known steve rule and rick jordan along with steves dad bob for a long long time now. steve rule has made some very bad decisions the past year or so, he will admit this to your face. during the past year steve has let the comapny (bolink) go to hell in a hand basket. alot of us have watched race tech and legends cars owners vent there frustration on here.

steve isn't asking he is begging for a second chance. he promises what happened in the past will not happen in the future. I am all about giving steve a second chance. i know he has made alot of people very angry and maybe even lied to all of us? and i'm sure there are some who have just washed there hands of bolink and steve rule..i'm here asking the oval community to give steve a second shot.

all that steve rule asks for is a simple E mail to 2 companies to carry the bolink line of bodies again. below is there email addresses . just let them know that your local hobby shop does not have any bolink bodies in stock because they cannot get them from there suppliers any more.

horizon hobbies email is [email protected]

great plains email is [email protected]

how many of you won a bolink body or car kit in a raffle? must be 1000's of us.. why? because bolink supports the racers and clubs..lets get steve rule back on his feet again? please no nasty flames about steve or his family..if you dont like steve keep it to yourself.. but if you think he deserves a second chance send an email asking them to carry bolink bodies once again..who knows you may win one in a raffle sometime soon? lol oh yeah and dont flame me either! lol i'm posting this because i know steve did not set out to make everyone mad at him..it took him over a year to screw things up..so it's gonna take some time to repair the damage that was done.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just e mailed them with the most positive message I could think of.
C'mon everybody do ur best to help them out of this situation!! :wave:

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
I just gave them a shout. I buy enough off of Towwer Hobbies they know my Name well.. But of course that is about to change now that I have found others. ( Murdocks, BIg Dog, etc.)

·
Registered
819 Posts
email was send to both (GP and Horizon)...

i see on the Bolink web page that Steve R. have admit is mistake....for doing that i think Steve should have a second chance because he is a great person and he work really hard for this hobby!!

Steve R., i m with you at 150%!!! ;) :thumbsup:

Pace :devil:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I support him, I need the gold ol fashion Bolink servo tape, this generic crap sucks. I hate my electronics flailing around my car, when I take a hit.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
e-mail sent. It takes a big man to own up to his mistakes. We must never forget what the Rule family have done for this hobby.

Bolink/RACEtech definately deserves a second chance. Please show your support.

Antonio

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
ok, my first on-road car was a bolink eliminator so I e-mailed ...... :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Bolink used to sponsor a driver named steve swindle ...... so I e-mailed.......... :thumbsup: :lol:

Hope things turn out ok for ya Steve Rule .... you gonna make the birds this year ? .... Katfish has some more spur gears to show Jay Kimbrough......lol....remember that?

rich

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I E- mail them. but I am still trying to buy 2 4 cell battery trays and two bumpers for my macAttack.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
i gave it shot also,, maybe things will change for the good in bolinks future like they onces was,,,maybe it can be again,, time will tell.

BIGDON

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sent an email

I sent them both an email as well.

Bolink was my first sponsor and I miss the days of "Rad" Ricky Jordan, Craig Perry, the Laniers, etc... Rick was always there to help me and because of that, it helped me become a fairly accomplished racer.

I no longer represent Bolink, but I know what they have done for MANY people over the years and what they have done for this hobby.

I applaud Steve for having the stones to say he made some mistakes and busting his tail to get things turned around. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is the feel good thread of the year! he he

bill fraden brought this to my attention so i acted on it..the katf1sh army will get bolink as big as chevrolet once again! he he :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I aggree, i know many racers who started with an ole bolink wide chassis or started with legends. for goodness sakes, they have a class dedicated to just a bolink car, that must say somthing about the company! (Hint:Its going to be around for the long haul, regardless of little troubles, Bolink has you covered!)
Dave

·
Registered
194 Posts
bring back BoLink

I sent a letter to each and asked them to do it for kids like my son. He is 8 and started racing a BoLink Legend when he was 5. He is currently 1 lap off the track record. Please dont let this class die.

Brian Ouellette
Barre Town R/C Club
www.barrerc.com

·
Registered
269 Posts
I talked to Pace Gendron some time ago and although he could have swithed to another brand, he sticked to Racetech.

I used to buy some Bolink stuff too (servo tape, body cleaner, 1 or 2 bodies in last year).Once painted, a Bolink body looks just as good as a Protoform one. I'd buy some of their stuff again once all will be available again.

Stephane Courchesne
Drummond, Quebec

1 - 20 of 36 Posts