Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me state that the RC Superbird was $0.88 and was done in 1991, the JL Superbird was $2.49 and was done in 1998

Noses - RC is wider and lower- too low, but the color on the headlight dooris the same size as the door. JL has the chin spoiler and the hood opens, engine lacks detail, but the hood does open. Both cars have double strikes on the hood tampo.

Tail - RC car lacks the detail of the JL, even has the recessed items (license plate area, reverse lights) sticking out. JL Wing is painted on 3 sides, RC wing only painted on outside

Side - RC - Car sits way too low, rough casting, sponsor decals maybe a bit large

Side - JL - Stance is better, decals more to size driver name on door, sponsor on side of wing

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dipstick said:
What does comaper mean? ;)

Its Gaelic - it means to wait for some smarta** to ask about it so you can pummel them soundly!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
541 Posts
The JL version is better in every way except the stance of the car. IMO they could have passed on an opening hood if necessary in order to make the car have the proper rake. As is it would take flight at well below 200 MPH! The vents on the top of the fenders were put there to give more clearance to the front tires. At speen the downforce would make the tires rub the inside of the top of the fender! While I agree the RC car looks like a lowrider, the JL is too high in the front.

Bob :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hmmm....In a side by side comaperson...They both are kinda GOOFY looking, I'd suggest a drill, dremel, jewelers saw, then morph the best parts back together( plenty of JB Quick here) to get a more accurate replica.

"SUPERBIRD"

Thanks for the idea Rob!

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Bob Justbob said:
While I agree the RC car looks like a lowrider, the JL is too high in the front.

Bob :)
I agree also . . . the front end should be slammed on the JL. That is about the only thing that could have been done better IMHO.

Sometimes I wonder why the JL stock car legends don't pull higher prices on the secondary market -- they were very good.

'Doba

1 - 10 of 10 Posts