Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was thinking....what if we all pitched or money together and purchased JL fo RC2....trn it int a collector run and owned company....how much would we have to come up with.....im no buiness major and dont know how something like that would work or if it can even work.... :confused:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
There are employee owned company's out there, so a collector owned could work with the right genius behind it.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
'this new containment system that Spangler and I have in mind would take some serious breaf to capitalize'

neat idea, but it take some big dough!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm sure you would have to put forth quite a bit of money out of your own pocket to buy JL. Although I think it's a nice idea and if I had the money I would do my part, realistically I don't see it happening, especially because although everyone on this chat forum seems nice, they still are strangers to me and I don't know if I would be willing to take that sort of a risk with people I don't know.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
It would never work. We would want to keep all the cars ;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
It wouldn't work on a large scale with so many "chiefs." If a handful of wealthy collectors with some business savy bought it...that might be interesting.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I understand how you feel, but it is not financially possible unless there are some millionaires on this board or someone knows some big-time investors who are willing to take a large risk and have lots of money to spend.

Johnny Lightning will probably be sold off by Learning Curve Products (aka RC2) at a substantial loss of what they paid - to whom, I have no idea. :freak:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I could invest some money from the "Save the Wildbill Fund!" And by being one of the "chiefs" I say we would have to expand upon the Impala line! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wildbill63 said:
I could invest some money from the "Save the Wildbill Fund!" And by being one of the "chiefs" I say we would have to expand upon the Impala line! :thumbsup:
I like the way this guy thinks!! Need more Impalas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I`d be behind you 100%,but I`m saving to put gas in my vehicle for next week :tongue:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
60sMetal said:
Not to mention the disagreements on which castings to make :drunk:
Ditto!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I offer my services as White Lightning Designer/Inspector, as well as Senior Vice President of Test Shot Operations.

You may all start addressing me as "Sir" now. :tongue: :wave:

*nudges Dadvball; Wake up, slacker, and get back to work!!!!!!" *
:dude:

·
Registered
123 Posts
carnut2256 said:
I offer my services as White Lightning Designer/Inspector, as well as Senior Vice President of Test Shot Operations.

You may all start addressing me as "Sir" now. :tongue: :wave:

*nudges Dadvball; Wake up, slacker, and get back to work!!!!!!" *
:dude:
:wave: I also would love to oficialy offer my services as chief designer over the Black with Flames operations department .. you may now start refering to me as "CHIEF" :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmmmm... This would involve setting up a corporation with Lawyers to negotiate the sale. Accountants to oversee the beans and issuing shares of stock to all the buyers. Then you need designers. I'm sure that there are many who could do the sales. A warehouse and distribution center. A translator to help deal with whatever country makes the cars.

Possible.... Yes. Likely.... Who knows? ANYTHING is possible.

The talents would have to be pooled as well as the $$.

I'd like to Hear Mac or Russ or one of the other OLDs thoughts on this in addition to the excellent thread at Joe's Diecast shack.

·
Registered
269 Posts
brian_frey74 said:
so i was thinking....what if we all pitched or money together and purchased JL fo RC2....trn it int a collector run and owned company....how much would we have to come up with.....im no buiness major and dont know how something like that would work or if it can even work.... :confused:
Unfortunately RC2 plans on keeping JL, and possibly dumping Ertl diecast and AMT.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If I were King:
- Ertl would dump all 1:18 scale and move to a strict 1:64/1:25 line. And all 1/64 would be "true scale" - it would be a very desireable change. Actually I'd like to see the JL line become "true scale". And that brief run of John Deere hot-rod tractor stuff done in an attempt to appeal to younger buyers would also never happen again.
- AMT: I'd have resurrected/created a 1:64 model line similar to the "mini-Lindy's" from years ago, young modelers don't want to spend $9-14 on plastic models. And I'd toss in some 1/64 model planes, buildings and accessories too...

(see what happens when I'm bored at work) :)

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Yup JL is not going anywhere for some time. RC2 has said time and time again they will be working this line, so more things to come for the JL line.

Now American Muscle, AMT, and RACING that may be a goner for RC2. Just not a strong line anymore like it used to be in the days. I think pricing killed the American Muscle line. AMT justslow, most kids nowadays do not want to take the time to build a model, but rather play PS2, an computer stuff.

But JL I think will be with RC2 for at least awhile. My opinion (and just my personal choice) I hope they never sell the JL line, I like who owns it now. :)

As for a "pooled purchase" by collectors that would be a awesome idea, but there would be way to many variables involved for it to truely work. Unless it is treated like most other corporations, where you have shareholders.

There's my nickels worth. :)

Russ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts