Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets find out how many customizers there are on the board.
then maybe later down the line we can have a contest.
so even if you do wheel swaps or just paint sign in and let us know what you like to do. even if you like doing slot cars customs or vintage repaints or dioramas
example...
gunn - mild to wild customs
casting - anything i can cut up. :devil: prefer 1/64 scale diecast
how often do you do customs? - everyday
dioramas ? - once in awhile ill do a few

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Simple wheel swops and custom bases to mild customs. I have an airbrush but tooo lazy to learn and use it. I do pretty much all 1/64. Work on projects a couple times a week.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I like to do customs that show lots of HORSEPOWER!
Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, am limited to about a day a week to work on these cars I enjoy so much! I usually go for Chevy casting that remind me of something from my past, and usually try and avoid complete strip/repainting because of the time I have available. So far my customizing has been limited to 1:64 scale, but am always open to other scales. I think my only real limitation is my sometimes limited imagination! :p

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
I do try my hand at it once in awhile. Not to good with the paint brush part of it though but that takes a lot of practice. :wave:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Most of my customizing is the opposite of everyone else, I turn nice cars into rusted wrecks. I usually stick to 1/24 and 1/18. Every now and then I will do a repaint or wheel swap of a 1/64.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ok, I'm here--In fact I've been here for over an hour posting replies. I'm big-time late now and need a break, but it was worth it. A great board with fantastic posts! Thanks everyone! :wave:

rlyoung1 said:
Most of my customizing is the opposite of everyone else, I turn nice cars into rusted wrecks. I usually stick to 1/24 and 1/18. Every now and then I will do a repaint or wheel swap of a 1/64.
Please post some pics--I love to see customizing done in the other direction!

Cheers to all!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Please post some pics--I love to see customizing done in the other direction!

rlyoung1's "rust buckets" as he calls them, are very well done! They are really neat to look at, and when you see them, they are something you immediately want to include in with the rest of your diecast collection. Once you've seen one of his creations, you'll see what I mean!

Come-on rlyoung1...Show us some PICS!!!:)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Diecast junkie here...I like to collect 'em, customize 'em, and on occasion just roll them around and play with 'em.

I used to be souly into 1/24-1/25 scale plastic kits, and then a friend talked me into entering a model customizing contest(did'nt win, but it was big fun),and there was a gentlemen that had some 1/64 castings customized and there on display.
I realized I could still enjoy custom builds, and it would take up less space in the hobby room, four walls, and over a 1000 custom 1/64 diecast cars/trucks later.
I still like doing something on a daily basis,and especially replicas of real cars.
I have been fortunate enough to not only attend the past 3 Fests...But had the honor of winning many classes, and awards.
Glad to be a member of HobbyTalk, and am glad for our own forum,look forward to seeing everyone elses custom efforts,ideas,creations.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I've been trying my hand at customs, mostly paint and wheel swaps. Replica of my dad's '67 Impala...

But I eventually want to dive into the stuff that StreetFreak does......HORSEPOWER!!!

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Checking in!

u should know me by now...

I like to do the WL customs... remember I only make em foe me...

example pic follows... have done a Cat in the Hat WL Camaro and a BWF Camaro WL...

I am working right now on a 67 GTO semi-mild Zinger and a full blown 63 Chevy II Zinger...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hello all... I started with 1/24th and 1/25th plastic models but now I like the 1/64th cars, mainly JL's. Actually, the only 1/64th cars I have customized thus far have been JL's. I don't have a huge amount of time since it seems that lately everyone wants me to work on/repair their 1:1 cars, but I will find some time soon. I am presently working on a first gen. Firebird "lost topper" type custom that will be candy chrome when complete and I have a few other ideas I will attempt in the following months. :wave:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I love customs- whether they're my own creations or someone else's.

I always have a bunch in progress, and many more in the planning stage.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Signing in

I am like several of you in here, I started with 1:24 plastic kits and ran out of room so a smaller scale seemed logical. I would consider myself a beginner because I have only done about 7 customs with just basic paint, wheel/ motor /base swap and I like to add the Horsepower also. I want to start trying the body mods. and opening doors soon. I am also going to invest in a better airbrush soon. But I agree I would like to see pics of everyones customs, I will be adding pics of a few of mine as soon as I upload them. They should be posted in about 30 min.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Hi Everyone

I usually do wild customs but I have done a few milds. I'm no good at painting so my paintjobs are very mild. I only do 1/64 JL castings. Jeff Fleetwood and Gunn are Guru's to me. I have won some awards at the last 3 Fest's.
It is great seeing everyones work.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts